Thursday, 4 June 2009

Dorrie the little witch

These were some of my absolutely favourite books when I was little. Slightly creepy but very adorable. Dorrie is a little witch who's hat is on crooked and who's socks never match. She lives with her mother the big witch and her cat Gink. Dorrie and Gink get into all sorts of mischief. The illustrations are usually done in one or two colours which I think adds to their charm.One of the books i specifically remember is 'Dorrie's play' but I can't seem to find it ANYWHERE! It never ever comes up on ebay or anywhere else really which is a shame. I wonder why.

3 comments:

steph said...

I read and loved these books as a little girl too! I've been wondering what the title of the series was, and luckily I stumbled upon your site. Thanks!

flyingtomato said...

I also loved these books growing up- it seemed that no one had ever heard of them to the point I thought I had imagined the whole thing and combined a few stories in my head- thanks for the posting! I'm guessing others loved them as much as we did and some where in some 40 year olds attic there are treasures...

Anonymous said...

I loved these too. I read them growing up in the early 80s. I would go to the library and couldn't wait to get the next one!