Sunday, 15 November 2009

Tea with the Queen

I went to Sandringham the other week to visit the Queen! Or the Queens estate in Norfolk anyway. I was hoping she would be there to have tea with us but she wasn't. Maybe next time! The rooms and furniture inside the Palace were SO beautiful, all gold and white and jade and rose quartz. I want to live there! There were clocks everywhere, and a gold sword encrusted with rubies.

I've been drawing in a lot of very very nice posh places recently to gather research for my book. I want to get as much detail as possible! Here are some of my sketches:You know what I've been watching lately, In preparation for Christmas? The Grinch! It's one of my absolute favourite films! I love the way that the Whos live inside a snowflake. But my all time best best bit is where Martha May Whovier stands outside her house and starts firing a gun at it. She's wearing this really cool sexy santa outfit and lines of fairylights shoot out of the gun and all over her house! Apparantly they sell fairylight guns in Cyberdog now but I don't think they're quite the same!What's your favourite Christmas film? Mine's a tie between The Hogfather, The Snowman and The Grinch!

10 comments:

matt dawson said...

Very impressive on the spot sketches, I really like your sketching style, so much perfectly observed detail. Rag boy looks great, look forward to seeing more of it. On the subject of linework v's no line (on your cake illustrations) I usually hedge my bets and do both, only putting line in where it's needed... best of both worlds...or you could say I have my cake and eat it! You have a really great blog, bags of life about it!

Winnie said...

Cute illustrations, I really really like them! They would be great as prints.

Yvette said...

Wonderful line drawings!

DEV said...

Lovely drawings! Mine would have to be Home Alone :)

translucentblue said...

Hi Victoria! These are such beautiful line works...The details are amazing (^_^)

lauren said...

Such cute drawings! & I LOVE The Grinch! Another favorite would probably have to be A Christmas Story. But I love lots of holiday movies :)

Beru Betto said...

Love your illustration style! It's just so beautiful! : )

aka Penelope said...

Your work seems deep, delicate and mysterious ... sometimes with a hint of danger. I’m already interested in knowing what your rag doll will be up to around London, the perfect setting for your art since it, too, is seeped in architectural charm, intrigue and inspired flashes of beauty.

Stephanie said...

I love your drawings, your style of sketching. Wonderful work!

Anonymous said...

I think your drawings are amazing, and I especially liked the thing you drew from the Queen's palace!

Lovely...Keep at it!!!!

Shelley Barber