Friday, 18 June 2010

It's a dogs life

I've been drawing a lot of dogs lately for a competition.  I don't usually draw animals so it's been something new.  Which was quite fun actually.  I like drawing animals.  I want to draw more.  I had a dream about a yellow siamese cat the other night and now I want to draw one of those! 

This is the little dog in his ice-cream coloured village, with his family:

And here are a few drawings the little dog on his own.  He's almost like my actual real life dog, Barney, apart from the long fur.
 
I enjoyed drawing that ^ poodle... 

...and I came across some really crazy poodles on my google searches!
 
I like the little blue one^
Crazy, crazy poodle haircut!^

And then after all that I wanted to have a go at drawing some more different types of dogs so I drew Kingsley, who often features in the Rockstar Diaries.  I couldn't resist because he is so cute!
 

I think though that my absolute favourite kind of dog is the sausage dog! (especially this little one below haha.  I smile every time I see this picture!)  What's yours?

7 comments:

Kayleigh Bluck said...

these dog drawings are fab :) I've also been drawing some animals lately (which I don't usually do either) and I'm enjoying it too. Sometimes a change is good I think

**WE BLOG ARTISTS** said...

What a fun post...love all your work.
Scottie dogs are one of my faves...they have such great temperments.
HAVE a grand day Victoria.
HUGS
Char

emma armitage said...

these are perfect love! this however has annoyed me as they are better than mine for this competition grumble fest!!!

Nina E Jørgensen said...

hhaha i looove the hotdog!!

D e g a i n e said...

I really love what you do here, you have a unique style, I've showed your blog to my friends and I will be ordering the V.S book next week! You should consider illustrating a header for your blog, it would look amazing!

xo

Stephanie said...

That one dog looks like a sugar cube. wonderful to see more of your works.

haidee said...

amazing little dogs, you are very talented. x