Saturday, 18 September 2010

Faces

A couple of years ago I did a project where I spent a week just filling a book with faces.  The aim was to observe and practice drawing the huge array of different features that adorn peoples faces.  This was something my tutor told me to do because at that time I had a habit of just drawing similar blank expressions and features on every person. 

I came across this book again the other day when I was digging around in the attic.  It was nice to look though because I recognized so many of the faces seeing as I had raided facebook for random pictures of people pulling expressions. I didn't just stalk facebook though, I went to the library and drew from a photography book and a couple of magazines as well.

Altogether I drew 190 faces! Here are a selection of them: