Monday, 18 October 2010

Cats, Cakes and Candy Castles

Here is a selection of the paintings I will be selling at the craft fair in December...

 Black Cats... (I love drawing these)
Cakes...
Pink Rabbit...
...And of course a portrait of Victoria Stitch herself!
Again I am planning to start an etsy shop in the nearish future where my paintings will also be available!

On a completely different note now, quite a few years ago for Christmas I got this amazing castle dollshouse, that for various reasons I never actually got around to building.  Anyway today me and Henry got it down from the attic and started the long job of putting it together.  I thought I would record the process on this blog.  This is how far we got today...
I feel really excited about it now.  I want to make it into a gothic/fairy castle!  Have you ever heard of Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle?  It is most extraordinarily lavish and extravagant and on show at some museum is Chicago.  I would love to visit it one day!  It's full of real jewels and pearls and gold and has miniature paintings and pictures by famous artists inside.
...So yeah this is what I aspire to with my castle! haha.

5 comments:

Tom said...

Loving the hair on Victoria Stitch! Hey, I forgot to mention when you announced your book how much I enjoyed the revelation of who 'Victoria Stitch' is. I had always assumed it was you so it was fun to have the secret revealed :)

Best of luck with the picture sales!

Tom

Polly said...

That doll's house is amazing, I just wish it was big enough for me to live in! I'm sure yours will be just as beautiful.

Nina E Jørgensen said...

That would make your castle the best castle in the world!!! I really like the drawing of yourself, it is full of energy.

Jessie said...

And why not indeed? You've got the creative gift to make it happen! Your black cats are fantastic, I love the simple lines, yet you capture their movement so well. :)x

ShaylaF said...

I really enjoyed looking through your blog and I am glad I found it. I am following to see your new creations in the future. I love the black cats you have created...it is a different style and I love it!