Sunday, 28 November 2010

Paper Queen

You probably won't remember this time two years ago when I wrote about my Snow Queen Paper Palace (well just bedroom really).  It must have been one of my first blog posts.  Anyway recently I've been experimenting with the way I make pictures and illustrations.  For some reason I kept thinking about my Snow Queen bedroom and decided that I really really wanted to experiment with some more stuff like this. But this time to actually make illustrations out of it.

So for the past couple of weeks I've been creating another royal room.  I plan to make three.  Bedroom, dining room, sitting room.  And it's all going to go towards making a little story about a bossy Queen.

Here's the bedroom as it is.  (click to enlarge)  The Queen is sitting in her bed at the moment, just waking up. 
I found this amazing paper with crowns on it that I used for the wallpaper.  You can get it in pink as well and I plan to use some for when I decorate my castle.

And here is a close up of the dressing table with all its bottles and perfumes:
And I even made a book case with tiny books in it! some of them open and have real pages.
Prettly much EVERYTHING is made out of paper.

And.. here are some of my very first experimentations at 3d/papercut/photographic/whatever it's called illustration.  (The Queen waking up in the morning.)
I think I need to work a lot more on the lighting. But for test shoots I don't think they came out too badly.

What do you think?

9 comments:

Lauren Chesis said...

I love this! The detail is incredible, and the 3D model style illustration is really unique. I've seen it before but not very often and not quite like this. :)

daniel said...

This looks amazing!!! Will you be making the rest of her castle?

daniel said...

This is amazing!!! Will you be making the rest of her castle?

Victoria Stitch said...

thanks! :) i will be making 3 other rooms from her castle if it goes to plan!

Polly said...

Wow this is so interesting! I love it! I can see a book in this style being very popular.

Catherine Muncaster said...

I think they are wonderful.

Stephanie said...

I do remember you doing this work before. It was what attracted me to your splendid works of art. Looks great!

Jatzu said...

Wow that looks really good, I like the aspect of paper cut outs, there's been a few animations done in that style, which makes it all the more interesting.

Joan said...

Oh this is sooo amazing.. I want one!
I can't wait to see the rest of the castle.