Friday, 24 December 2010

Happy Christmas!

I'm feeling extremely Christmassy this year.  Today I iced the cakes and sprinkled edible glitter all over them.  I saw my friends and we did Secret Santa and played silly games.  Erin and I stopped off at Sainsburys so she could get some chocolates for her mum and all the Christmas stuff was half price so I got some reindeer earrings.
Last night I watched this version of Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer which was really cute actually.  I love the design of the Reindeers, especially the girl one with the spotty bow.  

This month I've made mince pies with Henry (he made most of them but I helped spoon some mince meat into the pastry) we went to a carol service and watched the Tailor of Gloucester. I'd never seen it before but it has a very Christmassy vibe.  I am a fan!

The other day I created marzipan figures for the Christmas cake.

I decorated the tree.  
And Henrys mothers and Grandmothers tree too!

This is my favourite decoration from our tree.  My mum made it, I think before I was born:

It snowed and we went sledging in the dark.
Tonight I still want to watch the Hogfather at some point.  It's my favourite Christmas film. Not sure I'll have time though.
All in all it's been a very Christmassy December! (I'm making up for last year)

So all that's left for me to say is

Happy Christmas!

Have a sparkling glittertastic one!

I will leave you with this picture I drew yesterday of my Grandparents dog, Millie.  It's their Christmas present and as my blog is supposed to be about my own artwork I feel it is reasonably fitting. 
and of course I also mustn't forget to say,

Happy Birthday Baby Jesus!

3 comments:

bird brains said...

I love all the pictures with deer. <3

:) Hope your christmas was wonderful.

Emma said...

sounds like a lovely christmas! i love rudolph!

Stephanie said...

I love the dog drawing. Nice to see all your accomplishments you did in 2010. May you do more wonderful work during this new year.