Friday, 10 December 2010

Paper Queen sequence

So this is something I've been doing for uni lately.  We've been working on visual sequence.  It was a lot harder than I thought it was going to be to create a story with no words.  But anyway here's my sequence.  See if you can understand what's going on!
This is as far as I have got with the sequence so far.  It's about getting up in the morning on Christmas Eve and continuing from here,  the two characters are supposed to go and start doing christmassy things like decorating the tree and baking cookies for Santa.

 I've never done cut out illustration before and I am very much enjoying it but not sure that it works as well as my other stuff.  What do you think? I'd be grateful for any opinions!

7 comments:

Benedict Mayer said...

Loving the cut out illustrations! Really different. I agree that it's hard to choose what's best between this and your other stuff, but I reckon this could be really magical with some proper professional-style lighting and photography!

mai s kemble said...

these are rad... :D

Jessie said...

I love it! The little creature made me laugh! xx

Pease Porridge said...

I think it is awesome! I know that is not much help, but I do. I love the shot with her in front of the window. Wow, the patience that must go with this, but what fun too.

Stephanie said...

I love your little green characters, they are rather cute especially the one carry a tray of food. Very well done on the illustration.

**We BLOG ARTISTS** said...

OMG...these are AMAZING!!!!!
I am going to show my daughters...they'll love it.
HUGS
Char.x

Lou Murphy said...

This must have taken you ages, the level of detail is amazing! I think it's very effective, especially the little things like the little goblin (if he is a goblin?!) covered in glittery jam and the paper queen sitting up in bed reading the paper, really great.