Friday, 24 December 2010

Christmas books

The Grinch
One of my all time favourite stories.  I love the Who's!  Especially in the film.  In fact I can't quite decide whether I prefer the film or the book.  Martha May Whovier is my favourite.  I love the scene where she gets the gun and fires fairylights all over her house!

But anyway, the book.  I'm sure you all know the story so I won't bother explaining it but just feast your eyes on the illustrations.  Dr Seuss is a genuis with his energetic and quirky drawings and funny rhyme.  I think so anyway.
'I know just what to do!' The Grinch laughed in his throat.
And he made a quick Santa Claus hat and a coat.
And he chuckled and clucked, 'What a great Grinchy trick!
'With this coat and this hat, I look just like Saint Nick!'


Betty Bib's Fairy Christmas
Now here's a book I really really love.  I can look at it for hours and always find something new!  The first time I read it i was just mesmerised.  There are a nice mix of paintings and photographs of crafted fairies which work together really well.  It's just so quirky and charming!
Included in the book is information about festive fairy food, how to make home made cards and presents and gingerbread wings and wands and wreaths, the snow queen fairy, fairy games, the christmas fairies, and any other snippet of information you could care to know about how fairies celebrate Christmas.

The Snowman

Beautiful book.  Beautiful film.  I love the drawings, the music, the atmosphere.  It's perfect.

Fin!

No comments: