Monday, 7 February 2011

Ducky

I've been painting a few ducks and chickens lately.  They're nice to paint and researching 'duckling' on the internet can't fail to make you feel happy! I'm hoping to sell them!

ah they look so sweet all flip flopping along behind mama duck.


In other news, I haven't posted up a lot of stuff lately because everything I've done this past month seems to be quite rough or experimental.  Hopefully I'll have something good soon though!  

Things I've been busy doing are:

-Attempting to illustrate a picture book which has nothing to do with castles or princesses or cupcakes or glitter. (my usual forte) So trying to work out how to go about it... watch this space.

-Gradually continuing with my castle project.  I've wallpapered all of the front and painted some turrets now.  I might do a post on it at a later date. 

-doll making.  I briefly thought about using 3d figures in my illustrations so bought some fimo and made some!  Think the eyes are a little starey on this one but she was my favourite (I imagine her to be Cinderella):
(I don't think I am going to use 3d figures in any of my illustrations anytime soon, but I definitely want to experiment with more papercut illustration this year)

And that's about all I can think of!

So happy monday and see you again soon!
quack quack!

6 comments:

Jessie said...

I love your ducks! They've got a kind of nostalgic feel to them. :) The doll is starey and scary! Not really, she just reminds me the Tim Burton films, which I LOVE! xx

Anna Brinded said...

looking good harriet! you've certainly been busy and it looks like you're really enjoying your course.

good luck trying to do something non-castley-cupcakey... i'm intrigued to see what happens!

take care x

Anna Brinded said...

oh and one more thing:

http://ffffound.com/image/9bfab51f13bbba1925c2fd53d61f56a0f904ab87

i found this (ha) as i was browsing the ffffound! website and thought of you.

Sian-Louise said...

Have I ever told you how much I love ducks? These are great and so cute! I hope you're well, looks like you've been busy. Glad to hear the castle is coming along nicely!

Stephanie said...

Love your ducks and other bird drawings!

We Blog Artists said...

Oh, they're beautiful Victoria!
I'm sure they will sell...they remind me of Beatrice Potter illustrations...could be seen in an animation...beautiful!
HUGS
char.x