Saturday, 17 December 2011

glitter, sequins and diamond baubles

I've changed my blog header!  For the first time ever! What do you think?

Over the past few days I have been experimenting with re-making my Christmas card design in 3d.  I don't know why but whenever I do a drawing nowadays I can't resist trying it in 3d too. I'm addicted!

This is the 3d version (as seen in my new header!):

And the original version (minus glitter):
Which do you prefer? 

It was the tutu skirt that swung it for me.  I kept envisioning Victoria Stitch's black dress/skirt made from a load of scrunched up black netting like a tutu. I just HAD to try it. And I love it how it came out!

The white Christmas tree is made from pipe cleaners and glitter.  It had little diamonds and stars stuck onto it.  I also had a lot of fun making the tiny little presents and sparkly angel and striped bag.  I think I am addicted to making tiny things!


I wonder what's in all those packages?  I think there might be a tiny pair of glittery shoes in one of them.  And the round one has to be a tin of chocolates.

While I was photographing the scene I noticed that in some of them the shadows were really long.  So I took some shadow photos!  I think they look pretty cool.

I've been having a lot of fun with glitter recently.  And sequins! Christmas = glitter and sequins!  Actually anytime = glitter and sequins for me.  But I've been using them especially lately for my Christmas cards.  Oh it makes me happy!


Yesterday Henry and I went into town to do some shopping.  I wore my new dalmatian print coat.  It's so soft and warm!  I love it.  It makes me feel like Cruella D'eville!


We bought some christmas presents, some food and I got some winter boots because my other ones have worn down and the heels are all wonky.  Henry tried on lots of glasses in Claire's accessories.  It was a nice day.


I hope you had a nice day too!

Yours glitteringly

2 comments:

christina said...

i love your christmas card/header design. and i have to say i think 3d looks better. her skirt and the little presents look so cute!

Stephanie said...

I love the Christmas header design very much. Looks like you both had a good day of shopping. The coat suits you very well. Have a great Christmas!