Friday, 23 December 2011

Happy Christmas!

Here's a little nativity scene for you.
I'm feeling very excited about Christmas right now!  It can't come soon enough!  I have been doing lots of Christmassy things and watching lots of Christmassy films.  This year Henry and I wrote a list of films that we were going to watch in December and we managed to watch almost all of them!  On our list was:  Lost in Translation (I wouldn't actually class this as a Christmassy film but Henry seemed to think it was) The Hogfather (I love love love the Hogfather!) Love Actually, How the Grinch stole Christmas and more that I can't rememeber.  We didn't get round to watching the tailor of Gloucester or the Snowman. But I will definitely try to watch the Snowman sometime tomorrow because its one of my very favourite christmas films and it's kind of a tradition to watch it every year.

I decorated this gingerbread house:
Can't wait to bite into that chocolate button roof!

And I've done lots of festive shopping. While I was shopping in Cambridge the other day I spotted this wonderful packaging for a Paddington Bear cup and plate.  It was based on the old animations of Paddington Bear which were done using stop motion and characters drawn on cut out paper.  People often say to me that my 3d illustration work reminds them of the old Paddington Bear animations.


In case you've never seen any of the old Padidngton Bear animations here are some stills from it.  I absolutely love it, (it's so charming!) and want to get the dvd at some point.


Also whilst out in town the other day I came across this cute little book called 'Tat the Cat, A Winters Tale,'  by Bill and Audrey Titcombe in a charity shop.  I snapped it up right away.  It was only 30 p!  I love the characterful illustrations.  Just look at the eyelashes on those duckies!


So now I am sitting by the tree and writing this and feeling too excited to go to bed.  It's not even Christmas Eve yet!  I don't know whats come over me.  I feel like a little kid.  Also there's no Henry here right now to tell me that it's late and time to go to bed. He's gone back home to see his family for a few days.  I miss him.

Well I should probably wrap this up now. If I don't post again before the 25th, have a wonderful sparkling GLITTERING CHRISTMAS! 

Love and Snowflakes

2 comments:

SparkleFarkle said...

O happy, happy day, for the postman delivered your wonderful Yuletidey card today! Confetti stars for everyone! Three cheers for Victoria Stitch!(And a plethora of thank-yous, too!)

Your blog entry is lovely AND so very telling: indeed you let Christmas be in your heart every day!

Here's hoping Sunday may be the merriest Christmas Day you and yours ever had, with even merrier ones to follow!

Best holiday wishes, SparkleFarkle~~~~~*

Ascension said...

Que preciosa entrada, me ha encantado.
Te deseo que pases unas Felices Fiestas en compañia de todos tus seres queridos.
besitos ascension