Monday, 19 December 2011

Nativity

Last night we went to the carol service at my grandmothers church.

Every year (because she's in charge of such things) my grandmother asks me to do a different picture for the front of the carol service booklet.  This is what I came up with this year:



I wanted all the little characters to have different personalities.  In the middle is the enjoying-being-in-the-limelight star. To the left is the disorganised little angel with her legs crossed because she needs the toilet. Further left is the oblivious reindeer who's possibly eaten too may Christmas chocolates and is now hyper. To the right are the two sheep who seem mesmerised by the attention seeking star and further right is the reindeer who's extremely curious about what's in those wrapped up boxes.
Here we have the two shepherds.  One good and one naughty.
And lastly the three kings, skipping across the stage to give their gifts to the baby jesus.
I really enjoyed doing this drawing, it was a nice break from all my uni work.  

5 comments:

Ezzy said...

I don't think I have posted on here so Christmas treat for you lol!
Love the nativity scene especially the sheep as a balloon very clever ladi love it! xx

Emily said...

Oh Haz, I do fall in love with your style again and again and again.

SparkleFarkle said...

How very Merry Christmas marvelous your booklet cover is! Your grandmama must be so proud indeed!

Purpletreebird said...

You've made such a pretty and fun front cover! Happy Christmas! :)
Jess xx

A tale from toadstool house said...

Such fun,I love this drawing Hun,xxx