Saturday, 7 January 2012

Dillweeds Revenge: A Deadly Dose Of Magic

Today I want to share one of the books I got for Christmas with you.  It's a book that has been on my Amazon wish list for absolutely ages.  I don't know why because if I'd know what a beautiful book this was before I would have snapped it up right away!  There would have been no wish list involved.



The illustrations are all done in shades of brown and black with a hint of red and baby blue.  I just love this colour combination! I think it works really well. 




And the pictures are the kind of pictures that you want to look at and look at.  I love all the little details. I especially love the little blue monster called Skorped. What a weird, cute little guy!

If you love illustration I highly recommend getting this book.  Every single page is beautiful.


 

And the story, because I probably should mention the story, is dark and Gorey-esque.  Exactly my kind of thing.
Well I'm off to go look at the pictures some more! 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

awesome illustrations. i will defo try and get a copy of this asap thanks for sharing!

Stephanie said...

I agree with the illustrations. Thanks for sharing your Christmas gift with us.