Sunday, 29 January 2012

Exhibition Preparations

Not much has changed round here at the moment. I am still just spending my time preparing for the exhibition and doing some drawing here and there.  Today I spray mounted my pictures onto foam board and cut out lots of little black cats with a scalpel.  I broke two scalpel blades doing it! It was a fiddly job.

Now here's a little taster of what I will be showing at the exhibition.  (You may have already seen most of these images before dotted around my blog but I thought it would be nice to put them all in the same post.)

Images from my cat book:

Images from my 'Casper and Jasper' project I did last term:

Some Victoria Stitch stuff:

And more! But you'll have to come see it!

Foyles Book Shop in Charing Cross London.  Top floor.  8th- 15th Feb.  LINK

Apart from doing exhibition stuff I have been busy seeing friends and cooking!  Henry got a new cook book for Christmas so lately we have been trying out a lot of new recipes.  We've had bacon and egg pie, jam drop biscuits and hot pot recently. All good hearty meals! Tonight we had broccoli lemon chicken and pancakes for dessert. Yum.

This is the pie.  It's got a cat shape on it.
At the weekend we went to my friend Emmas birthday party.  We played drinking games and ate pink cake. It was fun.

Also lately, I have been getting into Pinterest.  You can find me on it HERE.  I love being able to create online pinboards of images that I like.  I find it inspirational.  I need more people to follow though!

I hope you've had a lovely weekend! Mine was filled with ginger tea drinking, salami eating, countryside walking and cat cutting out-ing to name a few.


8 comments:

Erin K said...

I've just stumbled upon your very wonderful blog today, and I just fell in love with your lively, fun and gorgeous illustrations! Keep up the great work. <3

Stephanie said...

How exciting the exhibition is going to be for you. Too bad I live so far away to see it. I love your cutouts of the black kitten.

I had a rather busy day yesterday so I am just taking it easy today.

Shirley said...

Wow! Incredibly wonderful work you do..oh I wish I could see the exhibition in person! Your characters are SO full of amazing charm. It's a delight to find you!

Sarah Dickson said...

everything is so cute! :D

A.Diamantis said...

I'm in love with the lighting used in your book. Wonderful job as always!

MARLOU B. said...

WONDERFUL ILLUSTRATIONS!

Blaze said...

You have a lovely blog and illustration style! So pretty and fun! :)

Eric Barclay said...

excellent!