Sunday, 26 February 2012

Ballerina

At last! Something new and un related to my exhibition!


I made this little ballerina birthday card for my friend Sian whose birthday it was the other week.  I partly made it because I know Sian loves dancing and partly because I had an urge to create a character who was wearing a tutu.

I thought you might be interested to see the process I went through to make this image so I took a few shots along the way...

This ballerina started out with brown hair and pencil lines.
outlining...
cutting out carefully...
the tutu is made from scrunched up tulle/netting.
I hope you like her, I want to make more!

What have you been up to this week?  Henry and I have been to Derby to visit his mother.   We went shopping and bought clothes for Dubai, we ate chocolate ganache and scampi and chips, we went to a really old pub and had a drink (fizzy water with lemon for me), we went to the park and walked the dog and we watched lots of episodes of 'Pulling' and a few films (one called 'The secret window' which was really good and had Johnny Depp in it.)  I definitely feel nicely relaxed now!

Hope you're having a wondeful weekend too, 

5 comments:

Anna Emilia said...

That is very pretty.

evellean said...

Tenderly...)
Wonderful work)

Manon said...

What a lovely little doll, I hope you make more!

Stephanie said...

She is so pretty. I agree with the previous post, hope you make some more of these. I see what kind of pen you use to draw with.

Valerie Lorimer said...

Love the card you made! It is wonderful.