Tuesday, 7 February 2012

black frames/white snow

The other day i was thinking about how to display my work for the exhibition.  I came up with this great idea of having my Victoria Stitch pictures displayed in black gothicky intricate frames.

However.... easier said than done!

I looked EVERYWHERE for black gothicky ornate frames and found barely anything.  I even took a trip to TKMaxx. Nothing!  It was very disappointing.

So... I decided to draw frames for my pictures instead! And you can see my results above.  I'm pretty pleased with them if I do say so myself.  I think Victoria Stitch is too.  Being framed makes her feel important.

In other news, as I'm sure you'll have noticed... It's been snowing!  On Sunday Henry and I got the sledge out of the garage and went across the country to my grandparents for lunch.


Barney (the dog) came too of course.  We dressed him in his reindeer outfit to keep warm.  For a brief few minutes we attached his lead to the sledge so that he was pulling it along.  It was funny because he was dressed as a reindeer.  He didn't seem to mind.

me being pulled up the hill by Henry
After lunch we made an igloo in my grandparents garden.  We only half finished it though.  It got a bit cold and boring after a while.

Walking back home it was twilight.  The sky was so many colours.  On one side it was bright orange fading to pink and then purple and then bright blue.  With the fields of snow lying underneath it really looked magical. I love the way snow glows in the half light.

I hope you had a fun snow day too!

snowman we saw
Love and Snowflakes

3 comments:

Shirley said...

OH, your frames are SUPERB! I'm so happy for Victoria! : ) I am wishing you well as you prepare for this..I think everything will be smashing as your work is top-notch!

Love the pics of the snow and snowman! How cool to be able to lunch just a sled-ride away!

Stephanie said...

Great idea on the frames. Nice shots of you guys and that dog is so cute pulling the sledge.

Purpletreebird said...

Your pictures look perfect in those victorian styley frames! That's a great idea to make them yourself. I think they'd cost a fortune anyway if they were real don't you?
I think I live on the only place in the UK that hasn't had snow. Looks like you had a lot of fun!
Jess x