Friday, 10 February 2012

More Exhibition

On Tuesday we set up the exhibition in Foyles.  It was a busy day.  There was lots of painting and scraping and pinning and bluetacking to be done!  Here's how my board turned out.  I was lucky to get a nice big plinth so that I could display my 3d sets properly.  I'm very pleased with how the whole thing turned out. 

Victoria Stitch was very pleased to be on exhibition in London!
My postcards and business cards.
Last night it was the private view.  I think everyone was a little nervous before hand.  It was exciting to have so many people come and see our work!

When I left the private view at about nine o clock it was snowing again!  I had to walk through the blizzardly weather to the tube station and then get the train from Kings Cross back to home. It was nice to look out of the window and see the snowy landscape flying by.  Henry kindly came out to meet me at the station so that I wouldn't have to drive home on my own (even though he'd already put his pyjamas on!) I'm not very brave when it comes to driving in the snow.

more snow!
 So that's what I've been up to this week!

There's still time to go and visit the exhibition if you want to! It's on until the 15th of Feb in Foyles bookshop in London.  LINK

Have a spiffy weekend!

5 comments:

SparkleFarkle said...

Your exhibit (<--CONGRATULATIONS!) is as lovely as a snowy landscape flying by! (*sigh* I wish I could pay it a visit.) Love your fuzzy cover-up, too. So very Dalamtianesque!

Robyn said...

Looks wonderful, I found you through pinterest, and am really enjoying your work. Hope the exhibition is a big sucess.

Stephanie said...

Your exhibit looks really good. Thanks for the viewing, since I am too far away to go and see it. Wishing you great success.

Stephanie said...

I came back to look again. So what are your plans when you finish school?

Shirley said...

OH if only to be in London to enjoy the exhibition..if I had an airplane! : ) Your work looks fantastic and how awesome to have such a great space to show your work..I'm sure there were many fans of your work and will be to come as the exhibit rolls on. Well done!! So much hard work, you must be so very happy and proud as you should be.