Monday, 5 March 2012

Birthday Times

There are a lot of birthday celebrations going on around here at the moment.  Henry and I both have our birthdays four days apart and we are currently between the two.  This is probably why I felt inspired to make this image today.  It's Victoria Stitch on her birthday!

Victoria Stitch loves having a birthday and because she's the Queen she gets to have two every year.  She demands that all her presents be wrapped in her favourite stripy and bat patterned paper. She insists that all her birthday cards must be suitably gothic and glittery. And she eats chocolate cake with buttons for breakfast.

I really enjoyed making this picture today.  Lately I feel like I havn't done a lot of Victoria Stitch stuff. I've been busy with commissions and the exhibition and birthdays.  I know I have a lot to do at the moment but I felt like I would go mad if I didn't just let myself have half a day to work on something 'fun.'

This is the card I got for Henry.
Here are some pictures from the weekend. Henry and I had a low key joint birthday party with some friends.  We ate Lebanese food (or Hebanese as we like to call it seeing as it's only really inspired by Lebaese food and a lot of it is our own creation)  We played articulate, drank Jack Daniels and had zelda themed chocolate cake.  My friend Nicola gave me a pincusion in the shape of a cupcake which has a tape measure that comes out of it which is pretty cool.

The Zelda themed birthday cake which I made. Harder than you think!
Rainbow fruit skewers. Yum
View of the table...
Pop up birthday card from my friend Bruno which I love.
Henry blowing out his 23 candles.
The great thing is, that my actual birthday day is still to come! It's on Thursday.  I'm so excited. I'm going to be doing a very exciting thing on Thursday but I can't tell you what it is right now.  You will have to wait and see.

I hope you are all having exciting weeks too!

Love and Glitter,

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

I shared your photos on my facebook today in hopes my friends will take a look at your illustrations. Looks like a fun festive day. Thanks for sharing your fun times.

Tammie Lee said...

Wishing you a lovely birthday celebration, may your new year overflow with days that feel wonderful to you~

love your new piece, makes me smile. I am a pisces too, so fun.