Thursday, 17 May 2012

Otto the Book Bear

I saw this book sitting in the window of Waterstones the other day whilst I was in town and had to go inside and have a proper look at it.  And then buy it...


 This is such a cute book.  I love both the story and the charming, loose illustrationsIt's about a tiny little bear (maybe that's why I love it so much, I have always been a sucker for miniature things) who lives inside a book! He is always happiest when children are reading his book.


 The great thing is that Otto can climb out of his book and go and have adventures when people aren't looking. But then one day he gets left behind.  He has to take his little bag and go and find somewhere else to live.


Of course Otto finds the perfect place to live in the end.  Can you guess where?

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

This is so cleverly written and such wonderful illustrations. I can see why you like this book very much. Enjoy!

arihoma said...

Wow, I love this type of books! Thanks for writing about it!

Laura Trinder said...

I love this book too! Always put it in displays or sneakily pull it to the front of shelves at work :)

Laura Trinder said...

I love this book too! I always put it in displays or sneakily pull it to the front of shelves :)