Sunday, 3 June 2012

commission

What a rainy day it was today!  Kind of a shame what with all the Jubilee celebrations going on but I don't think it dampened anyone's spirit!  I spent most of the day at my grandparent's house helping out with their Jubilee fundraiser event BBQ and cream tea. yum

Anyway, I just thought I'd post a little commission I did recently.  It was a gothic-themed Victoria Stitch-esque type of commission- a 3d room set.

The final image.
and a few work in progress shots too...

drawing the floor... a long job!
the empty shell.
a piece of furniture!
experimenting with the character's clothing.
the beginning of the typewriter.
the typewriter finished! (I was quite pleased with it)
tiny books...
more tiny books and a picture of Corpse Bride.
items on the desk.
beginning of the bookshelf...
the book shelf finished!
I really enjoyed making this piece and working with the green and black colour scheme.I hope you enjoyed looking at it!

What else have I been up to lately? Well, I dyed the ends of my hair blue (they were pink before.)  I wanted them blue for the summer. I was thinking swimming pools and blue skies etc.  None of this drizzly rain we've been having today!!


Also I've been thinking a lot about my blog lately.  I've got to the point where I'm doing a lot of work that I am not allowed to show so I am finding it hard to have any artwork to put on my blog!  I've been wondering whether to just upload other stuff like inspirations and personal photos/diary entries and book reviews etc but for some reason I feel like they would just be 'filler posts' for the sake of having something to post.  I guess quality is better than quantity.  I feel like this blog was started as an artwork blog and it should continue being an artwork blog even if it means updating less often...

I do love doing occasional book reviews (I am passionate about books and I like to share any great finds) and occasional personal posts (sometimes life gets exciting y'no!) and occasional inspiration posts (but I have pinterest and tumblr  for that) However, I am going to try to keep this blog predominantly arts and crafts based as it was intended to be!

What are your thoughts?

p.s. Happy Diamond Jubilee! What have you been doing to celebrate?

6 comments:

AshBob said...

I think posting your inspirations and book reviews is a great idea, I always love reading those on blogs.

Really love the comission work you've just done. Great style and so much detail- especially the adorable typewriter and the cool Corpse Bride frame there too.

A.Diamantis said...

I'd love to see whatever you've got to post! Keep up the great work!

Stephanie said...

I agree with the first comment that it would be a great idea to post your inspirations and I have so far enjoyed reading about your book reviews. How are you enjoying your new camera? I love the cat prints on the walls, the typewriter, and the detailed wood grain on the floor.

goudenregen said...

Amazing how you built this 3D picture. How many hours did it take you to make it all.The result is really breathtaking.

Chloe said...

Wow, brilliant work, love the blue hair too!

ashok said...

iam amazed by your talent