Wednesday, 3 October 2012

Pink rabbits and more Celestine

I'm quite conscious of the fact that I haven't blogged about any actual artwork at all lately.  The problem I'm having is that most of the artwork that I am doing at the moment is for publishers/clients and so I can't really put it on my blog until its published- hence nothing to show you! (though if you do want to look at my artwork I have made a 'categories' section (look right) where you can find it under 'my work')  

Here's a little sketch though so you can see the kind of stuff I'm working on at the moment (although it doesn't actually involve rabbits, this was just an experiment to see which outline worked best!):


I can't wait until I am able to show you the stuff I have been doing.  It might be a little while though so you'll have to stick around! ;)

For now here's another post about Celestine.  I know she's rather clogged up my blog lately but I have been feeling extremely crafty and inspired lately and can't stop making and sewing tiny things!  There's something about the turn of the seasons that always makes me feel more creative than at other times of the year. I don't know why, maybe it's that kind of intangible fizz of excitement in the air that you get when the season starts to change.  Do you find this happens to you too?

Here's Celestine in her favourite black dress with the gold glitter collar and new black shiny boots. Goes well with the striped tights don't you think?

And here's some photos of that pink cardigan I wrote about a couple of posts ago. Celestine refused to be photographed wearing it though- said it didn't suit her complexion. She can be quite a vain little thing.

'salmon pink really isn't my colour!'
see how small they are!
gotta love those tiny buttons
boots for Celestine
The sum of her wardrobe so far hanging on the mantlepiece
Well that's all for now folks! Hope you have a nice evening-  what's left of it anyway.  I'm off to eat some crumble! xox

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Thanks for letting me know her size. I love what you are doing with her, the cute little outfits to go with those striped stockings. Are you going to create any hats or scarves? I am looking forward to what you create for Celestine.

The Dainty Dolls House said...

Those bunnies are precious, love those!! And I love all your creations below them too, so cool :) x

Plushpussycat said...

Wow!!! Those tiny clothes are so adorable! I love the bunny drawing too. Nice images to start my day! xo Jennifer

Tammie Lee said...

so wonderful to have a peak into your art. and your Celestine and her outfit are wonderful!

JKW said...

I love your genealogy story and meeting everyone. Celestine is so adorable. . . I hope to learn more about her. Blessings, Janet PPF