Monday, 5 November 2012

This Weekend...

...we went up to Derby and Nottingham to visit Henry's family.  We went to Derby first and stayed with his mum for two nights. On the Friday we drove to this place called Matlock Bath and walked around it. It was pretty, kind of like a seaside town but without the sea! We went to a little aquarium where there were fish and turtles and crystals and amazing hologram pictures. Celestine came too of course and was pleased to see that there is a crystal called Celestine.  She also enjoyed looking at all the sea life, especially the huge-to-her fish! 

'It was THIS big!'  (I like this photo because it looks like the fish is about to kiss Celestine on the behind!)


There were lots of nice little shops in Matlock Bath.  We went into a chocolate shop and there were some life size skulls made out of solid chocolate!  Also in the window of this chocolate shop there was a perfect Celestine sized carousel spinning round and round and flashing lights.  I SO wanted it but it obviously wasn't for sale and probably would have been extremely expensive anyway.  

There was also lots of nice crystal jewellery around. I saw a beautiful star necklace with a moon necklace next to it.  I have a penchant for anything star and moon and sparkly.  I didn't buy them though.


In the evening we ate chinese take away and watched Dark Shadows.  Dark Shadows is a film I have wanted to see for a while and it didn't disappoint. I loved the whole aesthtic of it, especially the house.  It made me wish I looked like wax and lived in a house like that.  It was clever how they juxtaposed the bright colours and patterns of the 70s with Tim Burtons usual gothic style. 

Have you seen Dark Shadows? What did you think?

On Saturday we drove to Nottingham to see Henry's dad and gran.  It was Henry's dad's birthday so there was present opening to be done and spicy curry to eat and fireworks to be set off in the garden.


It was a good weekend! How was yours?

8 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Love those pics of Celestine with the fish! My weekend was too busy. Today I'm resting in comparison. Thanks for asking! xo Jennifer

dappled days said...

I have a soft spot for Celestines. I've got a violin I christened Celestine when I was a little girl and also have a lovely in-law with that name.
My young daughter and I are absolutely dotty about this new Celestine we've met and follow her adventures avidly. We laughed so much about the fish.. my goodness she is a character :oD
We love her fun fashion sense too.. I've been begged to please, please, please make 'Celestine style' dresses for some slightly bigger-sized fairies!

many sparkly november 5th blessings ✰✼✵❈☆

Victoria Stitch said...

thank you so much for your lovely comments! :)

Tammie Lee said...

oh, it sounds like you had a wonderful weekend.

when i was a little girl i would run home from school to watch Dark Shadows with my brother, sister and mom. We loved it!

Stephanie said...

Celestine looked like she enjoyed herself with you both. She is such a delight coming through your clever creations. My brother in law is from Nottingham.

Rachel said...

That's near me! I live in a town in between Nottingham and Derby!

I love going to Matlock, it's like going on a mini holiday for the day. :-)

Vicky Lovejoy said...

Oh wow it looks like Celestine had a fantastic time :) And I'm glad that you and Henry did too :)
I was born in Nottingham and I've also been to Matlock bath and I really liked all the little shops too.
Henry's dads cake looks yummy!!
Hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

The Dainty Dolls House said...

I loved Dark Shadows, it was marvellous. I wanted to live in the house too :) x