Tuesday, 20 November 2012

Victoria Stitch makes paper snowflakes

Hi everyone! Firstly thanks so much for your kind comments and messages about my last post! They did make me feel a lot better. I am very lucky to be able to do the job I love and it has reminded me of that. Also it has shown me that I am not alone- that many people work in solitude too  Even so, I am planning to eventually have some kind of part time job that gets me out and involved with people.  For me I think that's the best way forward.

Secondly: You may or may not notice that I have changed my blog header. You'd be forgiven for not noticing as I think the difference is quite subtle.  I was getting tired of my old Victoria Stitch one and since she (and my drawing style) has evolved a bit since I made the last one I decided to update it!

This one definitely has a Christmassy theme running through it. there are glittery baubles, snowmen and snowflakes.  As you can see, Victoria Stitch is busy making silver paper snowflakes and pink Rabbit is writing a letter to Santa.


I made this image using my preferred method of creating a scene in 3d out of paper and then photographing it.  I like being able to put extra little elements in there like the glass bottle and the round glittery baubles (beads)

I absolutely love working with glitter. It just makes me so happy.  I love that I can always incorporate glitter into my Victoria Stitch illustrations. 


What do you think? I have been missing Victoria Stitch a bit lately and felt it was time to take her to the drawing board again.  She is after all my original and most important baby!

For your interest, this was the last header so you can compare. I am not sure which one I prefer overall but I think that Victoria Stitch has a nicer face in the new one:


9 comments:

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

Adore those, so talented you are :) x

http://laviedunenouvellefemme.blogspot.co.uk/

Plushpussycat said...

I love the little bunny writing a letter to Santa and the 3-D effect--awesome. I'm normally not a fan of glitter, but you make it look so beautiful--great job! xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

I did notice yesterday. It is so very subtle. I like it, love that pink bunny writing a letter, very cute! Change is always good.

Anna said...

I didn't notice but thanks for telling about it, looks great! I really like your style :) PS. Have you been thinking about teaching? If you still want it to be near your real job, teaching is a good option. I teach once a week, and it really gives a boost of energy! I've also been working in a book store, the books are great and most of the customers. But then there are those customers that can ruin your whole day by being mean idiots. So, teaching works better with me, no mean idiots there :)

Vicky Lovejoy said...

I thought there was something different about your header :)I love what you've done with the new one, I really adore the little sparkly snowman :) I think they're both gorgeous but the current one has a lovely christmassy feel to it with the sparkles.
Hugs Vicky xx

Tammie Lee said...

i like them both! very much.
i love that you do cut out art and add other physical elements, so creative of you~

Rachel said...

I love the new header. I love the subtle Christmas theme and the sparkles. :-)

Sharon Souter said...

Both your header illustrations are gorgeous but the Christmas one lovely for this time of year. The bunny writing his letter is too cute! You are incredibly talented - and it is so wonderful that you are able to make a living out of doing something so creative that you enjoy.

Stephanie@Fairday's Blog said...

What a beautiful blog! I love glitter, too! I enjoyed looking at all your creations. So happy I heard about your blog from Sharon. Congrats on your Sunbeam Award.