Monday, 10 December 2012

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas...


Christmas preparations  are well underway here. Celestine has been helping to do all sort of things like decorate the tree (ahem swing on the baubles)

As you can see she has got her Christmas quilt out for the festive season too! I made this quilt for her a little while back out of fabrics and scraps from my material box.  It is lined with green fleece and is very cosy. I also made the little red dress with fur around it and matching Santa coat (Celestine likes to be in season with her clothing.) I think it contrasts quite nicely against the snow.
On Tuesday (I think) last week we woke up to snow outside! Celestine immediately wanted to go and play in it. She would have made a snowman but it wasn't the right kind of snow- it was too thin and already beginning to melt. It was already dripping out of the trees.  Still, maybe next time!

I have been working on some Victoria Stitch pictures which I will post about shortly.  I have been racing to get them done as I will probably be taking on a project with a very short deadline in the next day or so which is going to be very time consuming.  Nothing like a deadline to get you motivated! haha.

Anyway, I hope you are also enjoying this Christmassy season.  I am hoping to make (well, decorate) a gingerbread house this evening. Also Celestine wants to decorate her own miniature tree so we will see about that too... Better get to it!

X

9 comments:

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

You create so wonderfully, love her and her adventures!! Loved her reading the book :) I hope you have a great week :) x

Anna said...

I was a few days ago in London (no snow there!) for a holiday, now back in Finland with a lot of snow :) The picture with Celestine in the Christmas tree is very lovely! I am a Chritmas fan, so I hope this snow will last until Christmas ;)

Elizabeth Murguía said...

omg she looks awesome! I love the pic in her bed, Is super adorable!

Plushpussycat said...

Celestine's clothes and quilt are totally adorable! Your mini scenes are so sweet! I'm looking forward to your next pics! xo Jennifer

Sharon Souter said...

Love all the tinsel trim. Can't wait to see the tree!

Bruna Rei said...

I love Celestine. she is so cute and make me smile with her clothes beautiful ♥ Happy Holidays

Stephanie said...

I love what you are doing with Celestine. Everything is adorable with her, her going out, decorating, her outfits and that quilt.

Tammie Lee said...

your little lady is so cute in the snow. you really do know how to capture lovely photos of her and with magical lighting.

Rachel said...

Celestine looks very cosy with her festive quilt and twinkly lights.

I might have to do something similar tonight for myself. :-)