Sunday, 16 December 2012

More Christmas...

Last week Celestine decorated her tree.  I made all the little baubles by covering bead in pva glue and them coating them in glitter. Then I glued a bit of wire onto each bead so that they could be attached to the tree.  It worked well and the fairy lights set the whole thing off nicely. The star at the top is a bit of an anticlimax but I ran out of time to make anything else.  Ideally I would have made a miniature angel to go on the top. Maybe next year!


We also made a gingerbread house last week which was fun. Well, we decorated it at least. My friend Nicola came round with a kit where all the bits were already cut out and baked so we only had to assemble it. I am a fan of making things from scratch but I've made a gingerbread house from scratch before and it took literally hours! If you're juts doing it as a fun evening activity with a friend then I think getting the ready-to-assemble kits are the way to go!

This weekend Henry and I went up to Nottingham and Derby to see his parents. We had a mini Christmas celebration with his mum and also with his dad and grandmother.  So that was two big Christmas dinners in two days with presents and crackers and everything. It was extremely festive!  I got a beautiful sparkly charm bracelet from his mum and some chocolate truffles and spotted ladybird fleece suit from his dad and gran among other things.  We listened to Christmas music and ate mince pies and watched Christmas things on the television. It felt like actual Christmas day! It was nice especially because Henry and I are going to be apart on the 25th.

I brought up some of my sparkly fairies for Henry's mum's tree as you can see below.  I like the way the light shines through the wings. 

Now I'm back home and I have a week of work ahead of me!  I am hoping to fit in at least a few festive things though...

What Christmassy things have you been doing this weekend?

X

8 comments:

Stephanie said...

Celestine is having a good time by the looks of your photos. Cute tree! Nice presents, too bad that you and Henry cannot be together for Christmas.

Wishing you and yours a merry Christmas!

Plushpussycat said...

Celestine's dress is adorable, and your mini tree is so fun! Nice bracelet too! Looks like you've had a great time recently. Nothing too Christmasy going on here, just my recent blog post with some mini holiday fun and prep work for the next one. Today I had some tax paperwork to do, and I cleaned Rufus' cage. He's a very happy guinea pig now! :-) xo Jennifer

Tallia said...

i am going to be making a ginger bread house!!

www.trendinginfashion.blogspot.com

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

Everything looks beautiful...love all the lights :)) Am pleased you had a wonderful time xx

A tale from toadstool house said...

Love Celestines mini Christmas tree and the gingerbread house :o) Enjoy your week off,hope you have a lovely time,merry Christmas wishes,Xxxxx

Jess said...

Those tiny baubles look amazing! That's such a clever idea. I love your fairies on the christmas tree too. The most I've done is repair the wings on my christmas fairy using a broken decoration from last year. She's good to go for another christmas now.
Happy christmas!
Jess x

Sharon Souter said...

Your little tree is lovely - but I have to say I adore the look of the gingerbread house. I want one!! Your fairies are also fabulous - I'm so glad to have the instructions to make one.

MARLOU B. said...

Happy CHRISTMAS to you, your family and Celestine !!!!