Wednesday, 19 December 2012

The Night Before Christmas


My favourite version of The Night Before Christmas is illustrated by Gyo Fujikawa.  I just absolutely love her artwork- especially the way she draws reindeer with spindly delicate legs. I also really like the colours she uses and the softness of the illustrations. To me these pictures are just beautiful.  Unfortunately I was unable to scan any of the double page spreads as I don't have an A3 scanner but I think you can still see the beauty and detail of the illustrations from the single pages I have copied. 


What do you think of them? Are these illustrations your cup of tea? Or do you have your own favourite version of 'The Night Before Christmas'? I'd be interested to know- I always love to discover new books!

10 comments:

Chloe said...

Aw, these are lovely, I especially like the trees!

My favourite version is one with pop ups and silhouettes which was illustrated by a dear friend of mine :) http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Night-Before-Christmas-Cut-Paper/dp/0763634697/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1355914243&sr=8-2

Tammie Lee said...

it really does look like a charming book! lovely holidays to you~

Plushpussycat said...

I love her pudgy, jolly Santa! He reminds me of Rufus the guinea pig! :-) xo Jennifer

Sharon Souter said...

It is beautiful - and I just adore the two cuddled up and asleep at the end!

Elizabeth Murguía said...

these are pretty adorable! I love the second one of the house at night. It's really lovely work.

Stephanie said...

Lovely illustrations!

Vanessa, Take only Memories said...

Beautiful illustrations! Very lovely!

Lidia Frolova said...

Hi sweet! Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
Just let me know :)
www.gvozdishe.com

Vicky Lovejoy said...

What gorgeous illustrations, they are definitely my cup of tea :) Thanks for sharing!!
Christmas hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

Anna said...

I don't know this book but it looks beuatiful! I really like the peaceful colorscheme. Happy Christmas Harriet, a bit late, but still!