Wednesday, 2 January 2013

A Christmas Jumble

Hello!  I hope you had a good new year!  Henry and I went to a friend's house for a party but then broke down on the way back and spent the rest of the night sitting in a cold car waiting for the AA man to come and tow us home! We ended up getting in at about 4am- and sadly it wasn't because we had been partying... but never mind.

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas also.  Mine was spent in Dubai!  I have never spent Christmas in Dubai before so it was an experience.  Even though it didn't feel amazingly Christmassy out there it was nice that all of my immediate family were together at the same time- which is a rarity these days!

Because I was out in Dubai for a week I never got round to posting these pictures before Christmas. So here they are now- better late than never!

1- Firstly: Celestine's Christmas outfits.  I was lucky enough to be one of the winners of PlushPussycat's giveaway last month.  It was seriously an amazing prize!  There were tiny weeny Christmas trees, miniature candles, miniature wreaths, ribbons, miniature patterned fabrics, a miniature box of peppermint crunch, a mini tripod and probably a couple more things I have forgotten to list.  All very exciting to receive in the post and all things I will use.  Here's a picture of the fabrics I received- possibly my very favourite part of the prize!


And here are some of the miniature clothes I made for Celestine this Christmas. The two dresses are made from the fabrics above. I reeeally wanted to make more things but ran out of time what with going to Dubai, getting engaged and having a tight work deadline...


2- Just before Christmas I bought four little fairy decorations to go on the tree. I did mention somewhere a while back that I wanted to write about them.  I have always been a massive fan of the Betty Bib books and was delighted a couple of years ago when I discovered that she had a blog as well.  On the blog there are more fairies showcased and a lot of them are for sale. I have always wanted my own Betty Bib fairy and so this Christmas I bought four tree decoration ones. Its so nice to have a souvenir of her work to go along with what are some of my favourite books of all time!


3- A couple of years ago for Christmas Henry got me a cuddly reindeer that I asked for. It's really cute and just before Christmas this year it I suddenly felt inspired to make Celestine her own cuddly reindeer for Christmas too! It took me a morning to make it and I was pleased and surprised with the result. Considering I just drew the pattern out freehand and sort of made it up as I went along I think it turned out quite well.  He's absolutely tiny- smaller than an inch long. 


4- As you might but probably wont have noticed in the fairy decoration picture- I recently got a new filter for my camera. It's a star filter so when ever I take pictures of lights it turns them into spiky stars.  Needless to say I have been using it a lot. I love it! Below is Celestine and you can see how I have made the subtle glitter on the end of her antennae sparkle. Below that is a photo of my Christmas dress glittering in the sunlight and below that is a photo of the lights on Celestine's tree a twinkling. This star filter brings great fun!


5- Christmas at Daves.  Every year me and my closest friends all meet up for a pre Christmas gathering/celebration.  We usually do it on Christmas Eve but last year, because I was going to be away for Christmas we did it on the 22nd instead.  It was a such a good evening full of laughter, secret santa presents and good food.  Celestine even received her own present from Sian- a miniature drawing easel!  She also managed to nab Sian's cracker present- a miniature set of skittles. She was rather chuffed with her haul. 

Dave handmade all his Christmas cards which completely surpassed anyone's expectations. Personally I think he could have a career in card desigining! 


...and that's about it. Phew! Next time: Celestine's trip to Dubai!

X

6 comments:

Anne said...

delightful as always xxx

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

Beautiful photos doll, love that little reindeer...so sweet!! Am glad you had a wonderful Christmas time!! Happy New Year...I hope it brings lots of new adventures and happiness your way!! xx

Vicky Lovejoy said...

Wow I LOVE Celestine's christmas clothes, they're adorable!! And your tiny reindeer is amazing!! It's all wonderful!! Glad you had a nice Christmas and I'm looking forward to reading about Celestine's trip to Dubai :)
Hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

Plushpussycat said...

Wow!!! Celestine's Christmas clothes are so darling! It is really fun to see what you made already from my giveaway prize fabric--too cute! I also ADORE the tiny reindeer you made--amazing job! I'm looking forward to your next installment--Celestine's Christmas in Dubai sounds exciting already. xo Jennifer

Tammie Lee said...

wow, it looks like you have fun all the time!wonderful gifts, cards, outfits, winnings. wahoo! such a grand way to end a year.

Levi (tlnique) said...

Great pictures, it looks so cute! :)

www.tlnique.blogspot.com

Enter my give-away on Fashiolista to win a €125 voucher!