Thursday, 10 January 2013

Celestine goes to Dubai





As I mentioned in my last post, I didn't spend Christmas this year here in England. I went to Dubai!  On the 23rd of December I said goodbye to Henry (sniff sniff) and drove to the airport with my family.

Of course Celestine came too. It was her first time in an airport so she was very excited. She even has her own miniature passport as you can see above.

We did lots of things this Christmas in Dubai. Lot's of un traditional things like ringing in Christmas day with a Johnny Rockets burger at one in the morning and going to a hotel for lunch.  I have never had my Christmas dinner at a hotel before so it was certainly an experience. And the food was anything but traditional too. It was an all you can eat buffet and there was sushi and squid, raw fish, cheese, lentils, sea food, pasta, cheese, the list goes on... there was anything and everything!

On the last few days we drove to Oman to a place called Musandam for a night and went on a boat trip there. The surroundings were stunning!  I especially liked the colour of the sea which was a light aqua colour. Beautiful.  We also saw dolphins leaping in and out of the sea from the boat which was very exciting.

Celestine also enjoyed her trip to Dubai and Oman very much. It was the first time she has ever been abroad. She especially enjoyed making sand angels on the beach.  Her other favourite thing to do was sail the toy boat across the swimming pool. 

Overall it was a lovely Christmas even though it didn't feel amazingly Christmassy.  I got some really nice presents- one of which Celestine found extremely exciting... but that will have to wait for another post!

X

7 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Celestine's mini passport and clothes are so darling!!! Love your photos--too cute! xo Jennifer

Manon said...

I love what Celestine gets up to! She is such a lucky girl going travelling with you. Poor Henry being left here in the UK. I think you need to make him a little friend :) just like Celestine is for you.
ManonX

Stephanie said...

Celestine's is so adorable with all that she did, love the mini passport and the boat and the fact she was on the beach. Nice to see photos of another country. Glad you had a good time away. I do enjoy reading about yours and Celestine's adventures.

Ms. Dainty Doll said...

Amazing, the weather looks wonderful. Am glad you had a grand time. The little passport looks so sweet. What a great adventure xx

Vicky Lovejoy said...

I love all your wonderful photos!! Celestine's tiny passport is too cute for words :) and I'd LOVE to see dolphins-Wow!! It'a all amazing and I'm glad you and Celestine had a lovely time :)
Hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

Anne said...

How beautiful- both the photos and Celestine!

Nicholas said...

The day trip to the scenic town of Dibba situated in the Musandam peninsula will set you on a diverse holiday Musandam Dibba