Sunday, 3 February 2013

The Water Babies / Mabel Lucie Attwell

Last week when Henry and I went to Nottingham to visit his family,  I mentioned that his grandmother let me have some books that she was clearing out. As you know I looove books so I was a very appreciative recipient of them!

Anyway one of the books was this one- The Water Babies by Mabel Lucie Attwell.  Even if you already own a copy of the water Babies (like me!), this one is worth having for the illustrations alone. I was delighted to take it off Henry's Grandmother's hands!


I was already a fan of Mabel Lucie Attwell's illustrations but this book definitely made me more of a fan!  I love the decisive lines, the vivid colours and the watery/summery atmosphere she manages to get into the pictures.


This book is a mixture of colour illustrations and black and white line drawings. I can't decided which I like more! They are both so charming.

Happy Sunday!

8 comments:

The Dainty Dolls House said...

These are precious! I'd hang prints of these up in my youngest daughter's room, so sweet. What a great thing to have :) I hope your weekend has been bliss xx

Manon said...

How sweet are these illustration!! Thank you sharing most of the books I own are Dutch books from my childhood I would love to show some pictures from them one day. In the mean time I will come and check what else you have :)
ManonX

Tammie Lee said...

oh you lucky woman!
the perfect gift for your collection.

i love it when you share these books, such gorgeous illustrations.

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

Wow, these are amazing! Thanks for sharing:) I'll keep my eyes open for this as well!

blueeyednightowl.blogspot.com/

Plushpussycat said...

What sweet illustrations! Looks like a good story too. I must read this! Please show us more! :-) xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

Great addition to your collection. Love the illustrations.

Vicky Lovejoy said...

Oh wow, these illustrations are so adorable, I'd love to own a copy!! You have such an amazing collection!! Hugs ♥ Vicky ♥

Balwinder Kumar Grover said...

Wow this one is really amazing art.
[url=http://www.RoomFT.com/]looking for room in London[/url]