Sunday, 12 May 2013

Bekonscot Model Village

Last Saturday we went to Bekonscot Model Village with some good friends.  It's not the generic thing you'd expect a group of twenty something people to do but we enjoyed it none the less!  I am so glad I have friends who I can do geeky things like that with.

I had already visited Bekonscot a couple of times before when I was younger (probably about ten years ago) but it was still as fun as I remembered.  It helped that it was a nice sunny day too.

We all went up together one car and it felt like we were on holiday or something as we drove through Beaconsfield as the weather was so nice and it had a seaside town vibe about it. There were beach toys sitting outside the toyshop. We stopped at a supermarket to buy sandwiches for a picnic.

Henry thought it was hilarious that there was a picnic shelter at the model village with benches round the side.  So of course we had to sit down in the picnic shelter to eat our lunch before we went in.

There's just something very novel to walk round a whole little town in miniature. To feel like giants looking down on all the little rooftops. And of course it is completely charming too! We meandered round quite slowly, marvelling at the working trains and the tiny stations, the boats and moving fairground, the harbour with it's boats, the three castles complete with soldiers, the tiny trickling streams, the gypsy caravans, the circus tent and thousands of other miniature things.  There were even some little cable cars which went up and down over a small stream where there were miniature people rowing in canoes!

And as you might have guessed, Celestine came too. She loved that everything was her size.









It was a really good day. Just one of those unexpectedly fun trips.

Have you ever been to Bekonscot?  What did you think?

X

7 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Celestine looks so darling in her red dress with her red book bag! Looks like a really fun time--I'm so glad you went and showed us the photos--thanks! xo Jennifer

Chloe said...

Oh wow! I've not been but I'd love to, I love that kind of thing :)

Sharon Souter said...

Its lovely - and a perfect day out for Celestine. The scene with the fire engine is just fabulous. We had a model town near where I lived when I was a child - I never got tired to visiting it - as you say there is something really magic about a world in miniature.

Manon Visser said...

Awww that is so sweet we have a model town in Holland called Madurodam and I would still go now if I still lived there :0 Lovely pictures and Celestine looks so at home there!
Manpn

Vicky Lovejoy said...

What a wonderful thing to do!! I've never been but I'd love to go, it looks wonderful!! Looks like Celestine enjoyed it too :) Hugs xxx

Abby said...

Wow ! This place looks fabulous ! And Celestine is just too cute next to the shops ! I'd love to visit such a miniature village !

Stephanie said...

A perfect setting for Celestine.