Tuesday, 14 May 2013

Lately...


...I have been working a lot (as in 14 hour days) for different deadlines from different places.  You can see one of my sketches above which is a rough for the sequel to my Witch's Cat book.  And the castle at the top too is a small portion of a 3d set I was working on last week.

We went to the bluebell wood the other day and so did Celestine. We saw a purple carpet stretching through the forest as far as the eye could see!

I realised the reason I am enjoying the blossom so much this year is because I must have missed it all last year by being in Dubai for almost a month. Also it's just so nice to see some colour after such a long grey winter. 

...and that's about it really. Exciting I know!

X

7 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Busy, but not too busy to take some fantastic photos! Those flowers look like what we call woods hyacinths. They're gorgeous in their native habitat. As far as the eye could see--it feels magical! xo Jennifer

JaneA said...

Oooh! I love seeing your sketches. They have so much energy! Can't wait to see more. And your photos of the bluebell woods are fantastic. I really miss them, there's this gorgeous bluebell wood near my aunt and uncle's in Ross on Wye.

Vicky Lovejoy said...

It's wonderful to take a peek at what you're working on. I love your sketch for the witch's cat book, there's so much life in your drawings!! It's also always a delight to look at photos of Celestine and her adventures :) I adore that photo of her with the blossom!! Hugs xx

Manon Visser said...

Aaaah it looks like you are having great weather! Lovely photo's and great works like always.
ManonXx

Stephanie said...

Love all of it and Celestine!

Tammie Lee said...

so many pretty flowers!
it looks like you are all enjoying a pretty spring.

love the glimpse of your art you shared... so very cute!

Erin K said...

Oh such a wonderful sketch, so full of life and energy...it's like if I reached out to touch them, they would react to that touch. <3 Woowww...I've never seen such a lush carpet of wonderful blue flowers. I also adore your very fairy like castle on the top there....you have such a magical touch to your work. Even though you're so busy, so wonderful to read your blog post today. Cheers and have an awesome week. <3