Tuesday, 18 June 2013

gold boots

This weekend was a very shoe-y weekend!  We went up to Nottingham to visit Henry's Dad and Gran. On Saturday Henry and his Dad went to the cinema to see Man of Steel and I went shopping in the city. It was ridiculously busy. I stood in so mnay queues!  Anyway I bought a couple of pairs of shoes- ones just to wear in summer (I didn't have any summer shoes really except for boots) and a pair to wear with my ball dress on Friday because we are going to a ball!!!  One pair is silver, the other is gold. :)

When Henry came out from his film he also bought  a pair of smart shoes for the ball on Friday.  

And then I made Celestine a pair of little yellow boots. So she also got new shoes! Wouldn't want her to feel left out.

So that's why it was a very shoe-y weekend. And you can see why that's the theme for my Celestine sketch number 5.  I tried a bit of colour in this one. I'm quite liking it! Oh how Celestine wishes she had a real pair of gold boots with black pom poms on the toes. Gold is her favourite colour. Maybe I should try and make her some...

Other things we did this weekend: Ate pizza and chocolate cake, visited Henry's Uncle and Aunt who I have never met before, went on a cycle ride, did lots of sewing (clothes for Celestine's holiday in August) and saw Henry's best friend Chloe- she came over and they played video games.  All in all it was a good weekend.  I hope yours was too!

5 comments:

Eliana said...

A little sparkle is always good. ;D
Hugs.

Stephanie said...

Harriet, love this drawing.

Tammie Lee said...

so very cute, i love her yellow boots!

Vicky Lovejoy said...

I grew up in Nottingham and I can remember how busy it gets!! I'm glad you and Henry found new shoes for the ball :) And it's nice that Celestine got some too :) I definitely think you should make her some gold ones with pom poms!! Love the drawing!! Hugs Vicky xx

Plushpussycat said...

Really fun drawing! Please, please, I really want to see some gold boots with pom poms on Celestine! Too cute!