Monday, 8 July 2013

Celestine Summertime

This weekend was very hot. Celestine spent it lazing about in her own personal swimming pool made from one of those blue ice cream tubs. She drank lots of lemonade and read all her mermaid books. When the weather is like this she wishes she could just have a mermaid tail and live in the sea.

random sidenote- it just popped into my head that I dreamt about turtles last night. I dreamt I found them on the beach and took three home to live in my jewelley box.  How cruel of me!

Anyway, so Celestine did lots of swimming this weekend and so did we. I am lucky to have grandparents who have a swimming pool!  Henry and I have been swimming there every day for the past few days.  On Saturday when we went all my cousins were there too which was fun.  And splashy!


Before that on Saturday, Henry and I went to his work summer party. We wore our straw hats and drank champagne. That evening Henry made Lebanese bread and our friend came round for dinner. I had a sun headache. 

This past week I have been trying on wedding dresses!!! I love trying on wedding dresses. It's so fun!  It's funny, because I have had this exact idea of the dress I would like to wear for a long time now. My mum was going to make it for me. But then you try on the perfect dress in a shop and everything changes. It's a very strange (but nice) feeling to find the perfect dress.  I have to say though, wedding dress shopping is a huge distraction- I have found it reeeeeally hard to concentrate on my work this week. - I constantly have tulle and glitter floating in front of my eyes. Still it's got to be done sometime!

We also- after much thinking over the past few months, have decided on the flower colours for the wedding.  We went to the market and I picked out three bunches of flowers I liked. My sister arranged them in vases and voila! It was an excellent way of deciding. I spent months not being able to decide what the best colour combination would be. As soon as I actually went and looked at the flowers in the flesh it was easy.  Now we have a colour scheme.


Also- I love my new gold shes. They are so comfortable I bought four pairs! Now i won't have to buy slip on shoes for the next few years.  I find buying slip on summer shoes a bit of a chore because they never seem to fit me.  When I find a pair that does I have to take advantage of it!

Anyway, I will stop rabbiting on about weddings now. It's just that it is at the forefront of my mind at the moment for some reason. Probably all that wedding dress shopping!

Here's another sketch of Celestine sunning herself by the pool.  In fact I think this is exactly what she is planning to do today...

4 comments:

Vicky Lovejoy said...

I am just like Celestine!! When it's hot like this I really do wish I had a mermaid's tail and lived in the sea :)
I'm really excited to read about the progress on the wedding front, I'm sure it's going to be really special and magical. I keep wondering what Celestine will wear :)
I love the beautiful sketch!! Hugs xx Vicky xx

Plushpussycat said...

Celestine's polka dot hat is gorgeous! Can't wait to see both of your dresses for the wedding. ;-) xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

Celestine is doing the fun activities of summer. Love your drawings!

dawn said...

It's great to hear your wedding news! :) Your flowers look lovely. I've just found out my dress is now in the shop and I have my first fitting at the end of the month, I didn't think I'd be that bothered, but it was like a whole new wave of excitement! Wishing you lots of wedding excitement and fun :)