Monday, 15 July 2013

tiny summer clothes and yellow flowers

Also, I made these pink giraffes:


Summer has finally arrived. We have been swimming lots and I have been cycling lots too. There's this really great hour long cycle route near my house and I have been doing it at least every other day.  It's such a pretty route as well which makes it good for the body and soul! In the winter I did swimming as my exercise but this is so much better. And free! Celestine came with me the other day and went adventuring among the yellow flowers.  I have made her lots of summery clothes. I am planning to make her more for our upcoming holiday to Cornwall. I was pleased to find that playmobil shoes (the rubbery ones) fit her perfectly. So she now has beach sandals. Our freezer is stuffed with ice cream. Yesterday my grandparents came over for lunch and my mum made peach and ginger ice cream.  Henry's friend came to visit at the weekend. We ate burgers and bought a beach ball and played with it in the pool.  We are still not bored of the underwater camera. My mum and I found THE wedding dress and bought it last week. It is two sizes too big so my mum is adjusting it for me but it was almost half price! I can not wait until it fits me!  I got loads of tiny swarovski stars in the post- I am going to sew them onto the wedding dress to dazzle it up even more. We have been thinking of where to go on honeymoon. I would love to go to the caribbean but we are not going to be able to afford that right now. I think being a turtle swimming around in crystal blue seas in the caribbean must be a nice life. Drawing has been stressing me out a bit lately- sometimes I feel like I can't draw Celestine's face as pretty as I want her to look. I am too obsessive over some things. 'All my good ideas are battles.' In work news I have been dummy booking and am currently set making for the sequel of Witch's Cat. 


Hope you've been having a sunny July wherever you are!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

It has been sunny and hot here. Love Celestine's new clothes.

Tammie Lee said...

sounds and looks
with your beautiful photographs
as though you are having a wonderful summer
and look, Celestine has new cloths!

Plushpussycat said...

Celestine's tiny clothes are darling--thanks for showing them off. Celestine must be thrilled at her extensive wardrobe! :-) xo Jennifer

dawn said...

Love the palette for Celestine's new clothes, so bright! That lovely little dress make her look like she's really enjoying this lovely sunny weather! :)

Vicky Lovejoy said...

I'm so happy that you've found THE wedding dress :) It will look so magical when you sew on the stars!!Celstine's tiny clothes are adorable and I love the yellow shoes. Enjoy the sunshine, Hugs Vicky xx

Jane Chérie said...

Celestine new clothes are beautiful!!! I wished I could make something as pretty as you!