Saturday, 10 August 2013

Catharine Susan's Little Holiday


This is the book (by Kathleen Ainslie) that was the inspiration for my Celestine drawings I did recently. I just love the fact that it is about the adventures of a miniature wooden doll. I find it to be utterly charming.  It makes me want to document more of Celestine's adventures but at the moment I don't have time. I also quite like the way it's written. Henry thinks it's a bit weird but I kind of like it. It is odd.

I haven't been blogging at all lately because I have a deadline coming up and have been working pretty much 24/7.  So I haven't been commenting much lately either- sorry!

What I have been doing is: watching a LOT of American TV series while I work (seriously the rate I get though them is ridiculous!) cycling and looking forward to going on holiday in September. That's basically my life right now.

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

It is good that you posted as I was wondering what you're up to these days.

Plushpussycat said...

I've missed seeing you, Harriet, but I'm glad to know you're well and just super-busy. That's a fun little book. I enjoyed reading it immensely--thanks so much for sharing. Good luck meeting your deadline and hope to hear from you again soon. xo Jennifer

Vicky Lovejoy said...

What a wonderful book, I can understand why you feel so inspired by it. I think a Celestine book would be amazing, I hope you get the time to do that one day, your drawings are amazing!! Hugs Vicky xxx

Tammie Lee said...

such a charming book
thank you for sharing it
i love how unique it is

wishing you time to do more of the things you love ~

Jane Chérie said...

Beautiful and interesting book! Hilarious story! Thank you for sharing! Good luck with your schedule!

Lisa Neault said...

I have a similar little book about Catherine Susan, very old like yours. The author must have done a series of little stories with pictures like this, charming, about a doll named Catherine Susan. This book started my collection of reproduction peg wooden dolls- they are adorable.

Sarah said...

Thanks for these great scans! Perfect for miniaturising! :D More importantly though, congratulations on the book deal too. Going by the cover, you already look like an established childrens author/illustrator, your name is perfect too :D

P.s. Scotland and Honeymoon? Never seen those two words together, EVER :D