Sunday, 8 September 2013

Cornwall



Last week Henry and I went to Cornwall with some friends. We stayed in my favourite place where I have spent a lot of childhood holidays. I hadn't been there for six years and it was SO nice to go back. I won't leave it so long next time!  I think Cornwall really is my absolute favourite place in the whole world.

It was such a good week. We did so much stuff. We cycled 26 miles on the camel trail from Padstow to Bodmin (Henry and I went on a tandem!), ate Cornish pasties and lots of other nice food, sat on the beach for hours in the sunshine, went body boarding (twice- wish it could have been more!) had meals out and a fun game of pool in the pub, watched a horror film (Dagon) ate chocolate ice cream and raspberry sorbet, had a bbq on the beach, toasted marshmallows on the fire, went to a sealife centre and saw a giant octopus at feeding time (impressive! I didn't know they were such intelligent creatures), did lots of clifftop walks, looked round shops in Padstow (saw a miniature dragon but didn't buy it) and Newquay, bought a new red spotty bag, popped into the gallery of an artist friend, sailed my boat down the stream, cooked meals for each other,  went to a craft and miniatures shop, had a cream tea in Padstow,  ate lots of scampi (I love scampi!) bought a Cornish Pixie, raced down the sand dunes, absorbed the breathtaking beauty of the surroundings (personally I have never seen more beautiful beaches than those in Cornwall) and of course took lots of photos!

It was a brilliant brilliant week and the weather for the most part was amazing. I was so so sad to come home as we drove back down the road from the holiday house. I didn't want to leave! But I shall go back. :)
And it goes without saying (though I shall say it anyway) that it was really good to spend the week with our friends. We had a lot of fun and funny times.

And of course Celestine enjoyed the trip immensely too. She had her own proper mini marshmallows (tiny cake decorating marshmallows I found in the supermarket) to toast on her own tiny fire.

I will be counting down the days until we get to go back! ;)

X

5 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Celestine looks extra darling in these photos. She just loves fashion, doesn't she? So many outfits, so many cute scenes--wow! xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

Great vacation images and adore the time you took to set up Celestine in various activities. So cute! Happy to hear you had great weather.

Tammie Lee said...

YOUR PHOTOS are gorgeous, you have a natural gift for capturing the beauty in an artful way! such a beautiful place. I can see why you love it there! plus all the things you did and ate and saw, wowzers!

Jane Chérie said...

I love outdoor photos with dollies and props :) Celestine is so cute in all the scenes!

Vicky Lovejoy said...

What a wonderful, wonderful post, your photos are amazing!! Cornwall is totally stunning, I can understand why you love it so much. I hope you get to go back there very soon :) Hugs and thank you for sharing such lovely photos, vicky xxxx