Friday, 29 November 2013

November

November November November. You have been a busy month. Mainly busy work wise but a few other things also happened. 


November began with fireworks. We went up to St Albans and saw them with our friend Dave at the cathedral. We drank chicken soup and then afterwards got some Turkish food take away and ate it back at his house. It was a really nice evening. Of course Celestine came too and I snapped a few photos of her. I tried a different tactic this year with her photos, using the flash and making the background blurry. To be honest it was the only way to take them this year. We went to a different fireworks show than normal and the conditions were not as good for taking photos. I quite like the result though. See Celestine's last year fireworks here.


There's a bad blurry picture of me (wearing Henry's Pokemon hat to keep my hair out of my face whilst taking pics!) ^^ but I put it in because I realised it is the only picture of Celestine and I together!!

So that was fun. I love fireworks night.

What else? Oh yes my friend Lizzie sent Celestine some little costume masks. They are so cute and perfect size for her. There were four altogether. One silver, once gold, one black and one white. 


Celestine was so pleased with them that she made and wrote Lizzie an early Christmas/thankyou card.


That (above the card picture) is Celestine standing in her room in the castle by the way. That's the starry wardrobe in her bedroom. There's still a long way to go with the castle. I wanted to get it finished by Christmas but there's no way that's going to happen now! I've resigned myself to the fact that it's going to take a long time still to complete.  Still I am proud of how much I managed to do of it this year.  At the beginning of the year it was still just a wooden shell.

This is the current state of Celestine's bedroom in the castle. As you can see I started to a make a little patchwork quilt for her (trying to make it in jewel colours) but haven't had any time to do any more of it lately. All her furniture is gold. She loves gold, it is her favourite colour. I want to put up shelves and gold frames with nice illustrations in. It all looks a bit bare at the moment. I'd also like to get one of those multicoloured Tiffany lamps too for by the bed. There's also a stool that's supposed to go in front of the dressing table but haven't painted it gold yet.


And here's some cakes I made for a book I am working on. Not sure if I can put them on my blog or not but I guess I'll just take them down if so.


Celestine got very excited about all the cakes. She was very disappointed to find out they weren't real when she tried to eat one. 


The cakes are for the book I have been working very busily on this month by the way.  And that's what I've been mainly busy with. Other than work not a lot else has happened. We did go to visit Henry's family in Nottingham and saw his Dad and Gran's new bungalow. We went to an amazing garden centre in Nottingham which was like santa's grotto where there was a miniature light up village. I wished Celestine had come with me to see it but unfortunately she did not come on that trip.

Also this November: We drove two hours to South London and then two hours back again for a friends housewarming which was really fun- the housewarming not the driving so much although I do enjoy to drive though London and see all the sights // I have been trying to listen to more audiobooks while I work rather than watch trashy tv // Henry got a teaching job! So we are one little step closer to being able to buy a house! // we ate stuffed squashes // and we celebrated 4 years of being together by going out for a Lebanese meal at the same restaurant we went to when we got engaged. There's probably some more stuff but I can't remember it right now and it won't be very interesting anyway! I just like to keep a record of the tings I've done. 

Let's finish with this picture of Celestine. I discovered this picture on my computer the other day. It's one of the first pictures I ever took of her and that is the first outfit I ever made her. I don't know why I never uploaded this pic as I like it a lot.


X

5 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Wow!!! So many adorable photos, and I love the mini cakes you made! They look really yummy! xo Jennifer

Tammie Lee said...

it really does sound like Nov. has been busy and full and fun for you all. lovely to see you and miss Celestine together. those desserts are so adorable and yummy looking.

Stephanie said...

Wow! You have been busy! Love all the cakes, Celestine's outfits and her little room.

Stephanie said...

Love all the photos and Celestine. I did write a long comment earlier but your comment code was too difficult to decipher after four tries. It would be great if you would do the comment moderation without the code. I do that and have had no problems.

Vicky Lovejoy said...

I love catching up on the adventures of you and Celestine :) The photo of you together is precious, I like the Pokemon hat :) Celestine's castle is looking amazing and I love the cakes, can't wait for the book!!
Hugs
Vicky ♥ ♥