Wednesday, 11 December 2013

Celestine decorates!


Celestine has been busily preparing for Christmas this week. She has put up her tree in the castle entrance hall. The castle isn't finished yet but the entrance hall is finished enough to have a tree in it! Celestine is so pleased with her tree that she can't stop looking at it. Every night the castle windows start flashing as Celestine turns the tree fairylights on and off and on and off... and on and off! She just can't help herself! She loves to see those lights twinkling.

She had a lot of fun decorating her tree. This year the theme was multicoloured (last year it was silver) Multicoloured is much more festive. There was glitter everywhere!

She tried some tinsel but it was a bit much...


She also started to make a fairy to go on top of the tree but it looks sort of funny. In the end a gold star was the winner.


Christmas cards have started arriving at the castle...

...including this oh so charming one from Victoria Stitch.

Victoria Stitch sent two cards- the two in the middle. A bat in a Christmas hat and a portrait of herself. Well she is rather vain.

Henry made mince pies the other night and when he came upstairs he had a tiny one for Celestine too. It was on a chocolate coin foil plate. Celestine was extremely pleased.

Also here is Celestine's advent calendar this year. I didn't have time to paint a picture myself so used one of the Snowman. I do adore the snowman though and so does Celestine so it's all good. I am reeeally looking forward to watching the Snowman and the Snowdog this year as I was in Dubai last year for Christmas and missed it. By the time I got home from Dubai Christmas was over and it didn't feel appropriate to watch such a chrsitmassy thing. Now I am glad I still have it to look forward to this year! 

Anyway, Celestine has very much enjoyed opening the doors of her calendar every day this month.

That's almost all! It's been a very picture heavy post. I just can't stop taking photo's of the tree that's why! Here's one more...

Hope you're having a lovely December so far- can't believe there's only about two weeks left until Christmas!

X

10 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Darling, darling, darling! I love everything about this post. Everything is just too cute for words, including the castle, the tree, the cards, Celestine's dress, the photo of Celestine with the tinsel, etc. Too fun!!! xo Jennifer

Jane Chérie said...

When I saw the tiny cards, I thought this must be the cutest thing ever... and then I saw the mini advent calendar and my eyes just about popped out! Fantastic minis and decorations! Your work is amazing! I love Christmas and this miniature Christmas scene is truly inspiring!

Miranda Ixie said...

Oh wow!!! That tree is beautiful, Celestine (as always) is gorgeous and festive, and things just look amazing! And now, I'm inspired to go watch "The Snowman" thanks!

Stephanie said...

Christmas is just around the corner, coming so quickly. Love all what you did with Celestine and the decorations. They are fabulous to look at!

Muriel Singer said...

Very pretty and festive tree. Celestine looks like she is all ready for the celebrations to begin!

goudenregen said...

Lovely photo's and the castle hall looks great with the beautiful tree.

Anna said...

What a lovely tree! I still have to wait a bit to show mine, but it's more traditional than yours. Your's is very colorful, I love it!

Tammie Lee said...

ahhhh, such lovely images of your celebration with Celestine!

sweet holidays to you and yours!

a tale from toadstoolhouse said...

Fantastic,love Celestines castle and tree. So clever . Enjoy your week lovely xxx

Cestina said...

I'm a bit late for Christmas wishes - but just had to say how enchanting this is!