Friday, 18 July 2014

Celestine is a witch's cat!



In anticipation of 'I am a Witch's Cat' being published (NEXT WEEK!!!!), I made Celestine a little black cat suit of her own.  She loved it so much that she wore it for days. She then demanded that I take photos of her posing in all the Witch Cat sets. I thought that actually was a pretty good idea! So we had a little photoshoot one Sunday morning and these photos were the result.

So yes these are some of the sets you can expect to see inside the book! I also thought this was a good idea becasue having Celestine in them shows more of the sense of space in the sets and shows how 3d they actually are. When they have my 2d drawings in them I think some people get confused. I've had people think I've done the whole picture on Photoshop in a sort of collage way before and that really isn't the case! I try to use very little Photoshop in my images. They are all built in 3d and then photographed- not collaged in any way.

Anyway here's actual Witch's Cat. In the books she doesn't have a name but I have always called her Tabitha.

I hope you're going to like her!

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Congratulations on the book to be published. I love these photos with Celestine in them. I showed your work to my husband and said wow, these are wonderful. He said do tell this young lady she has talent, so here it is. And I agree! Looking forward to seeing more of your work. I wonder if your book will be available in Canada anytime soon?

Plushpussycat said...

Yes, you are so talented, Harriet. These 3-D scenes really pop! Celestine looks adorable, as usual, and there's just so much fun here! Will your book be available in the US? Please, pretty please? xo Jennifer

Jane Chérie said...

Celestine is so cute in her cat suit! Your scenes are very well done! So much talent! Congratulations on your book!!!