Thursday, 7 August 2014

Changes

I definitely feel different right now to how I felt a few months ago. I said this before and I don't mean it in a bad way necessarily. It's just that a lot of things have changed lately. Life doesn't feel the same as it used to. Being married feels different (but definitely good differet!) and knowing that we're probably moving out into our own house in a couple of months feels different too. No longer are Henry and I living here in my parents house indeterminately while they live in Dubai. They are now back from Dubai (as of a couple of months ago) and there are boxes absolutely everywhere and the house is full and that feels different too. Also Henry's new job is due to start soon so he has been on holiday for quite a few weeks which has been so nice (defo not complaining of that one!) but again feels different. I don't know, I feel a bit unsettled at the moment to be honest and am greatly looking forward to when we have our own house and are back in some sort of routine. I love routine!

Also this weather- it just makes me want to be in Cornwall surfing and sitting on the beach (ideally with friends- that would be nice!) But that's beside the point.
And also, I have a rabbit mind right now where it can't stop jumping from one idea to the next which is making it very hard to concentrate on developing new story ideas... but oh well! I will keep trying anyway.

On Monday we went to Brighton. i'm not sure why we did now. I think it was becasue I have always wanted to see the lanes. Everyone always goes on about how good the shopping is there. So we went. And it was a long drive. Much longer than we realsied. And parking was a big of a nightmare. But we finally got there and walked around a bit and I saw an amazing most beauteous chandelier which sparkled like anything. I'm sure it was one of the most sparkliest chandeliers I've ever seen. It was a forest of crystal. And I wanted it. Of course. But we didn't buy it, mainly becasue we already received a beautiful rainbow chandleier for our wedding and there will be no room for two chandeliers in our future tiny house. I was just being greedy for chandeliers. I mean we don't even have a sofa or a table yet for our house.

So anyway, we went to Brighton and we met up with Henry's cousin who lives there and her boyfriend. And that was nice. We chatted and sat on the beach and I ate a frozen yoghurt with blackberries and strawberries on it. And Celestine popped out of my bag and had a lick and posed on the beach for a photo. 


Later Henry and I ate fish and chips on the pier and then drove home which was thankfully a much shorter journey than the way there. And overall it was a nice day.

Now here are some more photos of the bathroom set I did a few weeks ago. I have made three of these bathroom sets to date! They will be used to help sell the titles I think.  So this one is actually a different one to the ones I have shown on my blog before even though it looks pretty much the same. I can never resist taking photos of the cabinet though with all its bottles and lotions and potions. 


Bubbly bath water. If only my bathwater glittered like that in real life!

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

Beautiful work as always. When changes happen, it is best to ride with the wave and let it happen. Change is good. It helps us grow as human beings. You are doing great.

Plushpussycat said...

Hi Harriet, I just wanted to let you know that I received your book in the mail, and I absolutely adore it. The story is so sweet and fun, and your illustrations are fabulous--I just keeping looking at all of the wonderful details. Great job! And keep having fun! :-) xo Jennifer