Saturday, 20 September 2014

a book, a star necklace and some tiny things

Hello! It's been a little while. I've suddenly become obsessed with creating a book for all of my Celestine images and it has been taking up all my time lately. It's taking me AGES to do because I'm designing every page carefully so it looks really nice (hopefully!). I'm still only up to February 2013 though... it's gonna take a while to finish! 

Here are a few shots from that fairy scene I was working on the other week. I made a tiny teapot, some tiny cakes and a tiny ladybird from clay.

Also a shot of my ring because I just love it and I think it looks magical with all the stars and mushrooms.

A few weeks ago Celestine made some cards for people. She's very useful like that, when I am too busy to make them myself. She started by making a birthday one for my friend Nicola with coloured sequin balloons on the front and that inspired her to make more. Nicola got a tiny typewritten note from Celestine too. It takes quite a lot of effort for Celestine to type on the computer. She is so small she has to jump around the keyboard. 

Then our friends Bruno and Craig got engaged so Celestine made them an engagement card with tiny cut out stars on the front.

And then she made a few more just for fun. Not quite sure why there's a Christmas one there yet... think she just wanted to use lots of sequins. I like the halloween pumpkin man one. 

Also, I found a photo of a close up of my wedding necklace while I was in the process of making it. I did say I was going to post a better picture of it. I love it. I hope I get to wear it again someday- though not for getting married again of course!!

...and the bridesmaid shoes. I glittered up all the heels myself in their dress colours.


And now here are just a few (I have done tons though!) spreads of the Celestine book I have been making. It's been nice to go right back to the beginning and re visit some of the old images of her. I am glad I have started making a book because it will be nice to have them all printed out. It would be a shame if all the pictures just ended up digitally on my computer hard drive years down the line. I put a lot of effort into taking all my Celestine pictures so I think it would be a waste not to do something with them. It will be on-going though because of course I am not going to stop taking pictures of Celestine! I think I might have to make more than one book...

Anyway, I need to give the Celestine book a break now as I'm neglecting other things. I have a growing list of stuff I need to be getting on with. But I am HOPING to get it done by Christmas. We will see...

I said a few posts back that I was going to record on my blog the books I have read each month in an effort to read more. Well it's been more than a month but here are all the books I have read/listened to since I wrote that post.  I am enjoying getting into the habit of listening to things while I work rather than watching trashy tv. It feels much more fulfilling. I might review some of the books I read if I particularly enjoy them... some time. 

Well I suppose I had better got on now. It is the foggiest day here today. Foggy and rainy and grey. I kind of wanted to go to Miniatura in Birmingham today but didn't make up my mind until too late last night and ran out of time to buy a ticket. At least I will save some money! Ha.  Maybe I will go in March...

Oh and also also! I want to mention I finally made it back to a life drawing class. And it was so good. It felt so good to be back life drawing again. There's always a special sort of atmosphere in a life drawing class and it makes me feel like I'm being incredibly fine-arty. And I love the smell and sound of the charcoal scratching across the paper. And also I saw my old art teacher from school who was there too and we had a catch up. I am definitely planning to make life drawing a regular thing- it's so important, to practice figure drawing. 

Off I go then... bye for now! x

7 comments:

Chloe said...

The Celestine book looks brilliant! So nicely done. It'd be great if it could be published, I'm sure a lot of children (and adults!) would really enjoy it :)

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

So many amazing things in one post!
Those cards are really really cute:) I bet their recipients will be very pleasantly surprised.
Also, I remember when you posted about how badly you wanted that ring. So glad you got one! It's so cool how it spins!
How was the Beautiful Darkness graphic novel? I've been wanting to read it for ages.
And that drawing class sounds great, I'd love to get back into that again too. Have fun!

Polly said...

The Celestine book looks amazing! I like how you have shown lots of details of her clothes and quilts and so on. If I had a necklace like your star one I think I would wear it every day! It's so sparkly!

Plushpussycat said...

The Celestine book looks amazing! I'd love a copy, if you decide to publish and sell it! Your tiny cards are adorable--what lucky friends! xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

Wow, you have been busy! I love those tiny cards and the Celestine book is a wonderful idea.

Jane Chérie said...

The Celestine books are genius. And those tiny cards are beautiful! You are understandably very busy. Glad you could show a few pictures of your creations. And that's a lovely ring. I love moon and star design!

a tale from toadstoolhouse said...

Hi Harriet , I hope that you are well,I m afraid I ve rather neglected my blog of late,but hope to get back to it now that the night s are drawing in and its getting colder :) I hope you ve enjoyed your summer,especially getting married of course. The necklace and shoes are fab as is Celestine s book,what a great idea, I hope it gets made into a real book for us all to buy one day :) Love Celestine s tiny cards ,she is so clever ,just like her mummy :) Hope you have a great week ahead ,love julie xxx