Sunday, 28 December 2014

Christmas 2014

A bit late to the game but Happy Christmas (for a few days ago.) I hope you had a good one.

This is Celestine on Christmas Eve. We went on an afternoon/evening walk. It was dark by the time we got home and the moon was out. She wore her Christmas tree top and red hat with the sparkly bobble.

When we got home we helped to peel and chop the vegetables and sprouts. I found some teeny tiny sprouts at the top of the stalk for Celestine. We finished wrapping presents, drank spiced cider, tidied up, went to midnight mass.

Here is Celestine's tree in her castle on Christmas Eve. Look at all her presents!! She also hung a stocking out for Santa to fill of course. It's lucky Santa knows that some people are only 4 inches high.

Henry and I also did stocking for each other this year for the first time which was fun. We snuck around in the dark filling them up after we turned out the lights. Crackle crackle.

And then...

Christmas morning!


That gold wrapped present (with the pink ribbon) she is opening in the pictures above had something very special in it from Henry to me. A while ago I wrote about spotting a tiny gold comb in the jeweller shop window. Well guess what appeared under Celestine's tree on Christmas morning?

Also, below is one of my Christmas presents. A very tiny swarovski castle, perfect size for displaying in Celestine's castle, it's just getting silly now! Next year it will be a castle to go in a castle in a castle. 

I love it. Celestine is very enamoured with it too and very pleased that it is going to be displayed in her home.


Eventually, hopefully I will be able to put the comb charm on a bracelet. Henry says he's going to buy me more charms over the years to make a charm bracelet. Until then Celestine gets to have it in the castle. Lucky her!

I think Celestine's favourite present this year was this dragon. I bought it in Padstow when we went to Cornwall in October.


For the record, here are all the presents she got this year:


From left to right: A rose quartz bear, a starry satchel, a snowman mug, a crystal coach to display in her castle, a jewelled trinket box, a toy dragon, a picture from the Isle of Harris where we went on honeymoon, a jewelled silver box, a pearl necklace, The Jungle Book, A Christmas tin of sweets, a lucky Cornish pisky, a pair of shoes. 

We had a really nice Christmas day. I really enjoy to see family who we don't see all that often. We had sparklers and champagne, smoked salmon and very fancy caviar that my sister got given at work, Barney got a special flashy dog collar for night walks and wore a pink ribbon round his neck. We did indoor fireworks and had chocolate log and Christmas pudding of course. Henry's mum visited, my grandmother got the charm inside the pudding (well we dug it out and gave it to her) which was a brass coloured rabbit ring. She was very pleased with it. My sister made cocktails and my cousins brought a gigantic jelly worm with them which was quite horrific. We went on a short evening walk and looked up at the stars. Barney got snuggly in his blanket, the miniature carousel went round and round all day.

Above is Henry with his stocking. He has this special bear that he's had his whole life called Abe and Abe always has to have something small in his stocking too. It's ok, I am used to catering for tiny people's stockings. I found something good for Abe. I'm going to be great at stockings if we ever have children! 

On Christmas Eve my Mum made some tiny marzipan fruits for Celestine which really delighted me. Here's Celestine having her Christmas dinner with the marzipan fruits on the table. She had this Christmas dinner on Boxing day when we visited Henry's Dad and Gran. 

(On Christmas day Celestine visited some friends her own size for lunch. Thought I'd mention that, you know, just in case you're worried she had a lonely singleton Christmas dinner on actual Christmas day)

So yes, Boxing day:


Those are the tiny sprouts I was talking about as well. They were PERFECT for Celestine!

She loved her marzipan fruits. 

After dinner it was time for some hot chocolate in her new snowman mug...

And then we opened some more presents. I got some really nice stuff including a beautiful starry necklace and also some Ernest et Celestine prints from Carol which we are going to hang on our wall when/if ever we move into our new house! 

Celestine got her own tiny Christmas card from Carol and also a lucky chinese cat from Henry's Dad and Gran.


As we opened presents it started to snow really big flakes outside. The next morning the snow was still on the ground.  Celestine went outside to investigate. 

I love snow in the morning when it is all twinkly in the sunshine. 

We drove to see some cousins from my side of the family after that and as we drove down the M1 the snow disappeared. I think it had only snowed in the midlands.


So yes, that was Christmas 2015. We had a really nice time. I hope you did too! We still have one more celebration to go with my mums side of the family. There are always so many family and friends to see around Christmas. I am not complaining though, I love it. We have managed to see a lot this year, it has been busy. And fun. I love having all my family at home too, usually they are all over the place. 

Random picture of some canapes from a party/gathering we went to just before Christmas. I was quite pleased with this picture. Rebecca, who invited us, made all the food from scratch, including all the bases for the canapes and everything. It was amazing. She is a proper chef type person and works on cook books and things.



Oh and my little Barney, snuggly dog. He gets nervous when there are lots of people in the house and spent a lot of Christmas day shivering. He's delicate. Haha. He'd calmed down by the evening though and was happily snoozing on a chair. 


HAPPY CHRISTMAS!!!

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Great images and looks like fun was had by all. You meant 2014 not 2015?

Polly said...

Looks like you had a lovely Christmas! Mine was a lot quieter than yours but I got amazing presents. I love all the gifts Celestine got, and the tiny comb and miniature castle are beautiful! I have a charm bracelet but it doesn't have many charms on at the moment. I'd like to collect more. I think I might have to make marzipan fruits now.

Victoria Stitch said...

oh yes i did mean 2014 whoops! thank you!

miniacollection said...

It's always a pleasure to read your posts and see the amazing photos.
Geneviève

Plushpussycat said...

So many great images! I could just look at your photos over and over. Thanks for the visual feast! xo Jennifer

Jane Chérie said...

Your miniature world always fills me with wonder. Thank you so much for sharing your photos of Celestine and her room. It's amazing how good it looks with all the furniture and decoration fit for Celestine's tiny size! Congrats on getting the crystal castle! It's so beautiful!!! Happy new year to you and your family!