Wednesday, 20 May 2015

The Little Girl And The Tiny Doll

I was just browsing Pinterest the other day and came across a book called The Little Girl And The Tiny Doll. It was so pleasing to me because it was a story I read and loved as a child but up until now had forgotten about. Well, almost forgotton. Every now and then I would vaguely remember a story I had read about a tiny doll who lived in the freezer of a grocery store among the frozen peas and wished I could remember what it had been called.

And now I know! It's by Edward Ardizzone and Angela Ardizzone

If you read this blog or know me you will understand why this story appeals to me so much. And it's such a sweet story I wanted to post a few images from it. They aren't in any order by the way. I just picked the images I liked best.

(I took these images from this blog HERE because the ones in my version of the book are just in black and white. There's a lot more images of the book over there too.)

It's about an unwanted doll who gets thrown into the freezer in a shop. A nice girl comes along and feels sorry for the doll and makes her tiny parcels of clothes and a matchbox bed. 

Talking of books I got the first couple of copies of my next Witch's Cat books in the post the other day. It was exciting to see them. It's not out for another month or so but you can preorder it if you wish HERE! Or from most other places that sell books...

 As you might have noticed (or not!) I have changed my blog header in anticipation.

4 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Thanks for sharing the book about the doll living in the freezer. It sounds like a sweet story. Congrats on your new book coming out too, and your new header looks fantastic. I love all of the costumes in the store window. xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

I love your new blog header. If I knew any wee kids that may enjoy your book, I would purchase a few copies. Or I could get one for myself to enjoy your work. I will look for it on Amazon. I love the crosshatching drawings in the book of the Little girl and the Tiny Doll. Great to see you posting again!

Blue Eyed Night Owl said...

That looks amazing! Growing up my deepest wish was to find a teeny tiny human that could live in a tiny box or my pocket:)

And yours looks amazing too! As does the header <3

Jackie M said...

What exciting news about your new book, congratulations and I love the new header! My children loved the Little Girl and the Tiny Doll book when they were young and I still have it, such a lovely book and illustrations.

Love Jackie x