Sunday, 21 June 2015

Update



Sometimes Celestine likes to work alongside me in my studio, creating her jewellery designs. She does love her jewels!

I want to update because it's long overdue. However, I don't actually really have anything to show! The reason for that is that I have been working working working hard on books that I can't say anything about yet. I am dying to post all the stuff I've been doing on my blog right now. But I can't!! Yet. One day.  Hopefully soon. I will say though that I am absolutely LOVING the projects I am working on now. So so much. I am so excited about them and cannot wait to show them to the world.

So, apart from work... well to be honest I haven't been doing much else. But here are a few things. 

Today was Henry and mine first wedding anniversary. I wasn't going to post about it because I didn't think it was that big of a deal but it seems the first anniversary is! Because we've been sent cards and presents in the post from people. So unexpected. But really touching and nice.  I wouldn't have thought anyone would care about our first wedding anniversary but us. We got flowers sent to us by one of my best friends in the bridesmaid dress colours which was so sweet! And a framed piece of artwork from Henry's mum (which I haven't had a chance to photograph) but we LOVE it and are going to put it on our wall. We also got a magic roundabout print from my parents and a chocolate cake from my grandparents. 


Today we cycled about 17 miles which was fun in the sunshine. We are still just loving the place that we moved to so much. I know I harp on about it all the time but we are countryside people and we are just so happy to be living in the countryside.

Now that the weather is warmer and lighter we have been going for evening cycles and walks a lot more. 

We are still just in awe that we have this beautiful countryside on our doorstep. 




Another thing I wanted to mention that was a while ago now but so amazing - Kensington Dollshouse Festival!!! Oh my goodness it was AMAZING. I was bowled over by it. I've been to many miniatures fairs int he past and I always thought Miniature in Birmingham was the big one but Kensington Dollshouse Festival was a cut above the rest. The quality of everything there was incredible. They even had tiny tiny to-scale clothes pegs with real springs! So they actually worked. They were MINISCULE! And there were beautiful, tiny pop up books and stunning miniature perfume bottles that you could put real perfume in and the most detailed, incredible glass ornaments and tiny designer leather bags and just... everything. I was absolutely floored. Below is a tiny tortoise I bought because it was just so cute. I can't show you the rest of the stuff I got yet because it is for Celestine for Christmas. And, well, I don't want to risk her seeing it before hand! I know, that's kind of weird and premature but I just really enjoy collecting up tiny little things over the year for Christmas.

Oh and also, there's Celestine wearing her pearl necklace on a Sunday. Sorry for the bad quality pics, they're just ones from Henry's phone.



aaand that's about it really. I am really dredging the barrel now... haha.

I guess I should get back to work...

Have a great week! xxx

3 comments:

Plushpussycat said...

Nice update! I can't wait to see what you've been working on and to see what else you bought at the fair! xo Jennifer

Stephanie said...

Good to see your post today. I suspected as much you being very busy with work. Celestine looks adorable with her jewels. The view behind you in the road with the bike is breathtakingly gorgeous! Have a good week!

Jackie M said...

I really enjoyed your update, thank you for that and I thought you had lots to tell! So looking forward to seeing your new books when you are able to show them, how exciting! What a wonderful jewellery designer Celestine is and she is a great advert for her work! Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary and what beautiful flowers. I can see why you love the countryside around you, it looks beautiful and how lovely to have it on your doorstep too. Ah yes, the Kensington Dolls House Fair, I took my girls there years ago and it was overwhelming then too,so much gorgeousness to admire! Love the tortoise and well done for getting some Christmas gifts for Celestine, it's good to buy things when you see them rather than having a last minute panic! Hope you're having a lovely day, love Jackie x