Wednesday, 12 October 2016

Isadora Moon Events!

I will be doing some Isadora Moon events this October half term:

Saturday 22nd October: St Albans Waterstones. 11am

Saturday 22nd October: Harpenden Waterstones. 2pm

Monday 24th October: Welwyn Garden City Waterstones. 11am (CANCELLED)

Tuesday 25th October: Barton Le Clay Library. 2.15 pm.


Wednesday 26th October: Hitchin Waterstones. 3pm.


Friday 28th October: I will be at the Off The Shelf festival in Sheffield.

It's going to be a busy week!

As I wrote in my last post, I did my first Isadora Moon event at Hatfield Waterstones which happened in early September, just after the books were released. I did a reading and then made vampire and fairy wands with the children. Here are some photos from the event. I made sure to wear my starry shoes!
 

(above photos taken by Laura Wildgoose)

Are you more vampire or fairy? I was surprised to see that most children picked to make the vampire wand. I would have picked the fairy one personally becasue it's more glittery and I love sparkles!


In other Isadora Moon related news: Isadora Moon goes to School was featured in the Guardian the other week which was pretty cool. They wrote a lovely review. I rushed out to buy a hard copy of the paper so I could keep it!


Also I have been recieving editions of Isadora Moon in other languages in the post recently. This is the Welsh version and the Japanese version:


I love how the Japanese version looks with the powder pink endpapers. It's so interesting to see the books in different languages. 


Another thing I have really been enjoying is seeing the books in the actual bookshops. It's a novelty for me because most of my other books (I am a Witch's Cat etc) have been published in America so I never got to see them in book shops in the flesh. 


(top left photo taken by OUP Childrens in Waterstones Piccadilly, top right taken by Sian Shrimpton in Foyles London, Bottom left taken by Waterstones Bromley and bottom right taken by me in Hitchin Waterstones)

It's so amazing to see Isadora Moon out there in the world!

I'll finish off with these two pictures. They are very, very early Isadora Moon drawings. Concept ideas for her really but I realised I never showcased them on my blog so here they are:

No comments: