Friday, 10 March 2017

February

Well! Time continues to fly... life has mainly consisted of looking after Celestine and getting work done when I can. Similar to January except better - because I am more healed now and able to do so much more stuff. Also everything feels a bit more settled now not so crazy and intense. I have really enjoyed this last few weeks.

Starting on an Isadora Moon related note, I noticed that book six is now up on Amazon! So I can share the front cover with you now:


I love her cute pink little cape. On the actual cover it is glittery.

I received some more foreign editions of Isadora Moon in the post. Spanish and Dutch!

Also I finished sketching out book six which was great. It was quite the juggling act alongside looking after a new baby, though I did really enjoy doing it. It is nice to feel like my brain is fully focusing again now. When I was pregnant I didn't feel like my brain was all there - probably because my body was so busy creating a baby. I felt distracted all the time. It was quite annoying actually, I found it really difficult to concentrate. So it is so nice to be able to focus properly again now. I am still revelling in that!


Here's little Pink Rabbit sparkling away on the front cover of Isadora Moon goes to the Ballet.


And I discovered this beautiful styling of the book by @micasaencualquierparte on instagram.

In February I decided to do an instagram challenge #tcdafeb just focusing on my dolls/miniatures. Simply just for fun. So I uploaded a photo relating to that almost every day. I really, really enjoyed doing that. I love my little doll characters and getting lost in a miniature world. I find it comforting. I did re use a lot of old photos for the challenge (I don't have a lot of time to do things at the moment!) but I did take a few new ones too.

Here are the three of them together. Celestine, Topaz and Vinetta.


One of the prompts for one of the days was 'red' so I took a photo of all my favourite miniature red clothes. I am especially fond of the little sunglasses I made. If I have time this year I want to make a jewel encrusted pair for Vinetta.

Talking of tiny red clothes, I got a miniature red cardigan in the post in February. I had actually ordered it for Christmas but it never arrived. I think it got lost in the post sniff sniff so I ordered it again. The maker put in an extra miniature jumper with a star on it as a surprise which was so sweet! 

The challenge encouraged me to look back at all the miniature scenes I have created over the years which was nice to do. I made this collage of the time we went camping in Cornwall a couple of years ago. This is probably my favourite set of photos I have ever taken on holiday.

Another prompt was 'waht inspires you.' There are so many things that inspire me but nature is one of them - especially right now when I have not been able to do a lot of countryside walks while recovering from my c section. I wanted to look back on the time when Henry and I went to the outer hebredes in Scotland. It was such an incredible place. We have been tallking this last couple of weeks about how we would so love to go and live there for a year once Celestine is old enough to experience it properly - so maybe in six years or so! We have sort of made a pact to do it.  


One of the prompts was 'collection' so I decided to show off my miniature jewellery collection. I didn't relaise how much of it I had until I put it all together! I mainly got them for birthdays and things over the past few years. I don't know what it is about miniature jewelley but I love it so much. It's just so fairy-esque. I actually realised after I took this photo that I left two necklaces out. There are also tiaras as well but I they didn't fit neatly into the layout haha.

These two necklaces are ones I got for Christmas this year. I found them at a minatures fair and was amazed at the tiny little beading. 

They really are miniscule these necklaces, that's a five pence piece next to them!

Another prompt was 'favourite colour,' so I took this picture. I don't think I can actually pick a favourite colour but I do love gold. I found this little bath in the window of a pharmacy in my home town when I was on my way to a dentist appointment. It was full of bath products but I took them out obviously. It thought it would go well in my castle - not in the entrance hall of course, but I wanted to photo it there becasue it matched the decor.  I would love  gold bathtub like that in real life!


And one last one of my miniatures. One of the prompts was 'eyes,' so I made this collage of my three characters looking in all different directions.

It was so nice to do this challenge. I didn't manage to do all the days as I am too busy at the moment but I enjoyed the ones I did do.


I have enjoyed seeing the first few signs of Spring in February. Loads of purple flowers sprouted up all over our front garden. The look really pretty but I have no idea where they came from as they wern't there last year and we didn't plant them!


Vinetta went out to investigate! She got lost among them in her purple hat.


I went on my first countryside walk since having Celestine - at last! I didn't get to go up the hills, we just went down by the river near where I used to live. It was after lunch on Sunday and we walked my grandparent's dog for about an hour. It was the first proper countryside walk I have done since being about six months pregnant and it was so nice even though it was really grey and Celestine cried in her pram and there were dogs running around absolutely everywhere.


We really enjoyed watching Apple Tree yard when it was on the TV and also we have been watching a lot of Outnumbered on Netflix. Henry's Mum came to stay and we had a chocolate fondue which was so yummy. Strawberries and chocolate is such a good combo. I do find it's the little things that make life good sometimes! I got a phone in February - finally! I ahve not had a phone for ages as I didn't need one before I had a car and a baby. I was always just in the house working and contactable by facebook and house phone. It's nice to have one again though and feel more connected.  I had an exciting meeting in London. I don't know if anything will come of it but we shall see. Henry and Celestine had to come with me as I am breastfeeding Celestine so she had her first train trip. She loved it! I adore this photo of her on the train. She looks so cheeky and happy. She was only about 7 or 8 weeks old here I think.

My friend Anna came and we had such a nice day. We went for lunch and a little walk in the sunshine and then we made things with fimo. I made a tiny cake inspired by one Anna had made but I never got around to painting it. Henry made me my fave cherry choc slices as my birthday was coming up. I managed to get out of the house early enough to take Celestine to church for the first time. Also I got my hair cut for the first time since 2013!! I just couldn't deal with the length of it while having a baby. It was too annoying and anyway it kept flicking in Celestine's face when she was feeding which wasn't very nice for her. Because I can't be away from Celestine for very long at the moment (feeding!) I had to have two sessions in the hairdressers as I also wanted to get the pink put back in so I was blonde for a few days which was novel. I do honestly hate taking selfies, they make me feel like I'm being really vain! But... I wanted to remember the blonde! So... pictures.


I didn't get the pink all the way to the roots because this way I don't have to worry about roots. I have no time for roots right now! This hair is SO much easier to deal with and I am so glad I got it cut. It was so long before.

I'll finish with this adorable shot of Celestine with the gifts Penguin sent her in the post. I couldn't resist to take a photo of her wearing the Future Reader vest.


So there we go. That's February!

No comments: