Monday, 12 June 2017

Lately

I had two Isadora Moon events recently. One of them was at the St Ive's Book Jam and here I am (above) all dressed up for it in an Isadora Moon style! Stars and flower crowns to create a vampire/fairy vibe. There's little Celestine too, my little Honeyblossom, very pleased to be in her new high chair!

The St Ive's Book jam was great. I really enjoyed it and loads of children came to my event. I did some drawing for them and we played a game. I actually had loads prepared but I didn't get through it all in the time. I was a little nervous because I had not done any events since October when I was seven months pregnant but it was all fine. It was sooo much nicer not being pregnant during the event!

This was something I had prepared but didn't end up using. All the different characters from the books!

I used my magic wand as a pointer!

I did another event at Hitchin Waterstones the other week as well. That also went well and was good fun.


We had vampire and fairy star cookies!



I did a reading and we played a game...

There was also a craft activity where the children could design an outfit for Isadora with glitter paper and sequins and gems.


It was great to meet all the children! Some of them had even come from far away which was very flattering.

In other Isadora related news: Isadora Moon in Czech arrived recently and so did the Slovakian edition. Is it just me or is there more glitter on this one than the other ones? I love it. I find it interesting to see all the books in different languages. This one has a different font as well. 

Just for interest, here is my rough version of the cover for Isadora Moon gets in Trouble against the final version:

And I posted this for the #mermay challenge on instagram recently. I wish I had time to do the challenge properly.

From Isadora Moon goes Camping.
This spot illustration is from Isadora Moon has a Birthday:
In non-Isadora Moon related news:

Here is Vinetta with her mini Brambly Hedge book.

One day I thought I would just 'pop' up to London to see the Brambly Hedge exhibition on my own with a pram and a baby on a baking hot day. I also planned that I would walk across London with the pram so I didn't have to use the tube. All I will say is that I am never ever doing it again!! I ended up jumping in two taxis because it was all too hot and crowded and stressful. The upside was that I did manage to make it to the exhibition and the original Brambly Hedge paintings are BEAUTIFUL. Very inspiring. But still. Never again!!

In May we had my Grandpa's 80th birthday and Henry, Celestine and I all dressed up wearing stars! We couldn't get a photo where we were all looking at the camera (babies!!) so we did a silly one where none of us are looking at all. 


I did a Victoria Stitch drawing!!! The meaning behind this picture is explained in my instagram post.
Vinetta wrote a tiny letter and sent off a tiny parcel...

And I returned to my picture book that I am working on for Penguin!

The End!

No comments: