Saturday 7 December 2013

Princess Books

Hello everybody! Hope you're having a good start to this Christmas month. I thought I would explain a bit more what I have been busy with lately.  I have been working on the illustrations (3d sets) for a princess picture book and various activity books with the publisher Parragon Books. Earlier this week I travelled down to Bath where Parragon are based to help direct the photography for the sets as there is a professional photographer taking the photos for these books rather than myself. 

Here are just a few of my own little snapshots I took during my time in Bath- kind of behind the scenes photographs...

It was very interesting for me to see how the photographer worked and how he used all his equipment. There was a lot of equipment! The aim was to get very clean bright images and it was very exciting to see it all come to life like that.  I was hoping I would learn a few things about photography but to be honest I didn't at all- I am one of those people who doesn't really learn from just watching. I have to do the thing.

Also as (I hope!) you can see everything is very sparkly. I have SO loved being able to just chuck as much glitter and as many gems as possible onto the sets. I love love it! It was like the perfect project for me.

I was in Bath for three days (two nights) working solidly during the day so I didn't get to see a huge amount of the city. From what I did see though looks so nice! I want to go back there and visit again some time so I can look around more. There was a Christmas market and a carousel (!!! my fave! though there wasn't time to go on it. Also it looked like it went really fast- extra points for it!) and all the buildings were sort of beige coloured and very picturesque.


It was a very interesting few days and the people at Parragon were all so nice and friendly.  I am now really excited to see the book when it comes out some time next year. Before that though I still have some more sets and characters to make for the activity books. So I had better get back to that...

X

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

How lovely to see how it is presented to the photgrapher, the little sets and such. I enjoyed viewing the photos and seeing Celestine in the fold.

Anna said...

Oh lovely! I think it's fascinating to combine 2D & 3D things and different textures. Looking great!

Jess said...

The teeny sets you made are breath-taking! This is the perfect project for your fantastic talents and I'm so happy your lovely work is getting published, so well deserved! It must have been so much fun to create and think up all the little bottles of bathroom items and the other little details! I live quite close to Bath, it's a lovely city. I think there's a by-law there saying that all the building must be made from Bath stone, (hence the light colours.) :)
Jess xx

Plushpussycat said...

Your miniature sets are fantastic, and I love the behind-the-scenes photos you took! The glitter and sparkles are so much fun! Congrats on an exciting project--I look forward to seeing more. xo Jennifer

Tammie Lee said...

how wonderful to see what you have been up to. I can see your style in every detail, i love that! I am so happy for you and how you get to do this! Congratulations, it all looks magically gorgeous.

Jane Chérie said...

Congratulations for this wonderful project! Thank you for showing pictures from behind the scenes! It's really interesting! I wish you much success with this and hopefully you'll get even more coverage about your amazing work!

dawn said...

Wow, that looks amazing, you are a very talented lady :)