Tuesday 18 May 2010

Frogs and Flamingos


Another part of a page from my book.  The last page actually.  Can you spot the cakes with the hands and bunny ears poking out of them?


I was going to put a recipe at the end of my book too but I ran out of time.  I started to do it last week but then realised that I wouldn't be able to knock it out in half an hour like I was planning without it looking rubbish so I have scrapped the idea for now. There's this great site called http://www.recipelook.co.uk/  where you can send in your illustrated recipes so I might do one fot that at some point instead.

Anyhow whilst I was doing that I got some ideas for the endpapers for my book.  I thought that as there's a heavy baking theme I could use the tiny pictures I did for my recipe that never happened and multiply them to look like this:


I quite like it but then I'm also torn between using black and white stripes for a more gothic feel. There's a stripe theme running through the book too, along with a frog and flamingo theme. Maybe I could do frogs and flamingos instead! On stripes.  Or stripes of frogs and flamingos.... the possibilities are endless!

Happy Tuesday! x

6 comments:

Stephanie said...

Oh I love it! So cute the hands and rabbit ears. So exciting to see your work in progress.

Anonymous said...

While I am a big fan of stripes, I think this endpaper is wonderful.
I would just rotate the entire image a few degrees to the right so it is angled, giving it more movement. I could be totally wrong but give it a try. I'll shut up now.
David

Rachel Lewis Illustration said...

Recipe Look is great, definitely get involved, I've got a few up there.

I really like the end papers, so cute. I think I'd prefer that to b&w stripes - maybe you could make the illustrations b&w or black and red to run with the gothic theme?

Katie Green said...

Oh I'm going to throw a spanner in the works...I love your baking endpapers but from what I've seen of the rest of the book I think stripes would be more dramatic and would really suit it.

However if you do go for the ingredients, I love David's suggestion on making them 'dance' a bit!

Still can't wait to see the finished product!

Anna Brinded said...

I CAN SEE THE EARS / ARMS!

Victoria Whincup said...

I like these end papers.